Author Topic: RCN 108  (Read 4229 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
RCN 108
« on: March 09, 2011, 08:56:06 PM »
I got my copy today and have to say what a marked improvement it is on recent issues. You have heard of the listening bank? Well now we have the listening deputy editor! I asked for more articles on 1950's microcars and we get a great article on the Atlas/Kover.  I asked for restoration/ tech articles and we have our first one since I can remember. Lets hope there is something in it for everyone, even people who are interested in 2CV powered kit cars! ;) ;) [Chris, I think you are the only one!] :D  Even enjoyed Stuarts article on a certain Dutch one seater. Wont give too much away in case folk dont have theirs yet. Well done Chris. Ex cellant job!

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Re: RCN 108
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 09:46:28 AM »
Have got mine today.  Glad !  :)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 11:49:43 AM »
Hey Bob,

My dad has 2 2CV kit cars, and our neighbour has 1, so that makes 3 in the club ;)
I dont know if I have received it yet, we are still in England.
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 12:52:28 PM »
Well there ya go, you could join up with Chris and start a 2CV Kit car club!  ;) Joking aside, I quite like the Blackjack Avion, very stylish, the Lomax on the other hand reminds me of an upside down bath tub.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 08:28:40 AM »
2CV specials/kits is a whole topic on its own. There was a great amount of interest on the side of the Bristol MIcrocar Club before it became mothballed. Not sure if it was our members moving on to new scenes or if the 2CV lot got bored of us but there is little crossover now save Gordon coming to some Tormarten pubnights. Sadly he missed Nick and Jonathan this week which was a shame as The Lomax in question has been to Pollville. At last the evenings are pulling out and April's trip to pubnight will be in the light. The talk on the evening was not greatly motivational, unless it was because I have just fought a weird dynostarter/blackbox problem, but the sense of change of season is. Note to self. Get that car working!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs