Author Topic: Conveyancer 11...  (Read 4003 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Conveyancer 11...
« on: March 15, 2011, 03:16:31 PM »
 OK, so it's fifteen days late, but CONVEYANCER 11 IS IN THE POST to members right now! You lucky people you....   ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Conveyancer 11...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 09:12:58 AM »
Conveyancer 11, the two legged invalid carriage magazine.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 03:51:52 PM »
It's now 21 days late as I haven't received my copy yet.  >:(
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 04:34:02 PM »
Dear Rob

The Royal Mail has gone down hill since you retired.

Having said that Rumcar News arrived in 4 days from Deepest Kent.

Chris Thomas

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 02:57:44 AM »

Just a general announcement for any folk who might be waiting on replies from me on emails etc or other things involving the computer that such replies might be delayed a few days or a week or so as today (Monday) I did rather a good job of chopping off the tip of my right index finger, which is rather a blow as would you belive, I've only ever typed with the one single finger & it happens to that very one. I'm now typing with the middle finger of the right hand & its a bit slow going, to say nothing of being totaly unnatural.

So how did I do it? As you all know, I collect old car number plates & now & then I have a few b/w ones which need repainting. I marked out a couple of pressed plates today for spray painting of the black. Laid masking tape all over & then set to with a scalpel blade wrapped in more masking tape to trim it all out round the letters, got half way through & got distracted by something, resumed round a fiddly bit & then adjusted my finger to apply a bit more pressure & presses.... Resulting in  "YYOOOOOWW!!!!" as I hadn't noticed I'd picked the blade up upside-down.....  At the moment it's well bandaged up, but I've not dared look at it since.

Over & out.....

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 08:56:00 AM »
I will rush my stash of unwanted plates round pronto and see how many more digits you can remove on them! Still at least you run the right club for incapacitated typists. I can recommend the older male ward nurse at Witney Hospital as he made a very good job of putting my perspex sliced thumb back together sometime back. Being a bloke has to be without anaesthetic, you know! Conveyancer 11, the claret edition. Danger lurks where you least expect it.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs