Author Topic: AC Petite info needed  (Read 2124 times)

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
AC Petite info needed
« on: March 17, 2011, 11:16:22 AM »
Finally getting around to tidying up my undercarriage on my 1956 Mk2 AC Petite.
Having never seen any other, I have to admit that the flooring structures are a bit of a mystery to me.
Is there supposed to be both an upper and lower/ inner and outer floor structure separated by the scarily thin rectangular section frame rails?  Talk about having a petite frame- this one you can twang between your thumb and your index fingers.  And that is before the rust sets in.  After that you will simply have more air in the structure.
Does any one know of a good diagram or cut away view that could help clear this up for me.
I am particularly wondrous about the manner of fixation of the lower flat floor panel to the frame- that is, if there is supposed to be one there at all. Did they use captive nuts welded or braised to the inside of the lower horizontal skin of the channel / U section frame members to hold this up?

A telephone number and hours of availability of any one personally familiar with this configuration will also be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Steven's Unusual Microcars

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: AC Petite info needed
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 05:40:39 PM »
Steve
Alan Budd at amsterdam65@o2.co.uk runs the AC Petite section of the Register of Unusual MIcrocars and writes a regular piece in RUMCAR NEWS and is the person to contact.  I think you would find a subscription to RUMCAR NEWS would answer many of your questions before you even thought of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!     You can do it by PayPal via our web site.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars