Author Topic: 5 in a Treinkel and 4 on a Trojan  (Read 3587 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
5 in a Treinkel and 4 on a Trojan
« on: April 01, 2011, 08:23:33 PM »
back in my old photo box.

my first ever bubble meet was the heinkel/ trojan agm at crick, northampton in maybe 1987 . i attended because i had only just found out that the company who made the families Trobike also made "bubblecars" - what on earth were they ? one  of the first i saw was crammed with 5 occupants - having driven there (probably not very far !!). i never met him again . he looks like georges neighbour in george and mildred . big al was also there but in a schmitt also peter green in a trojan . i first met g-o-g-g-o that day but it was just after his stroke and he was bubble less.
a pic here of the family warren circa 1965 on the trobike ( which i still have)  the annual trip to wallasey military tattoo to see the white helmets  army motorcycle team fresh in our minds .
how on earth did the bike survive such treatment and can anyone beat 4 on a trobike - or 5 in a treinkel for that matter
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: 5 in a Treinkel and 4 on a Trojan
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 08:35:34 PM »
Great pics, very evocative. On you tube there is a video of a lot of people getting out of a Heinkel or Trojan, possibly 5 or 6, but mostly small children. I did get 9 in my Mini Clubman Estate with the back seat down and everyone piled in on top of each other for a race on the empty roads of far western County Cork. $ is my max in my Trojan, nephew and nice in back, but they both already a lot taller than me!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 08:44:33 PM »
eh marcus ? what was nice in the back you never said .

i mentioned white helmets army display team . we have cine-  now thats evocative . very throaty triumph twins jumping through fire and riding with bikes piled high with displaying army members . whilst on the subject of displaying members , youtube purple helmets motorcycle display team . GREAT STUFF
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 09:13:56 PM »
Ooops, I meant to put 9 in the mini, 2 in front and 7 in the back. I was racing a Citroen (BX?) with 12 in!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 08:58:56 AM »
 The BUMS all piled into Bumbly, Dave Hambledon's Trojan, and went into Bath for a Pub visit where there was a quizz , from the remote campsite out near Salford. That would have been Eccles, Al Bum, Fletch, Beau Geste, Barking Pumpkin and Cousin It. This meant several people stood up out of the sunroof. Going round the roundabout onto the A4 at rather to much pace we had a chorus of 'We are all going to die' but missed the approaching curbing by inches. I seem to recal that, possibly, Cousin It sat on the boot rack for the return journey in the dark rather than on my lap! This massive overload was still transported over a very steep hill both ways by the Trojan. Another reason why Trojan's are better than Isettas. There is more scope to break the law efficiently!
 Interestingly such a Saturday night quiz off campus now would never work. Half the poor dears cannot leave their camper-vans and many of the rest would not drive their Microcars at night. On Sunday morning the entire camp site would decamp up to Victoria Park for the main event where the day visitors mainly drove their Microcars into the City. Not now they wouldn't. Ah, the days of proper rallies.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 05:24:34 PM »
back in my old photo box.

my first ever bubble meet was the heinkel/ trojan agm at crick, northampton in maybe 1987 . i attended because i had only just found out that the company who made the families Trobike also made "bubblecars" - what on earth were they ? one  of the first i saw was crammed with 5 occupants - having driven there (probably not very far !!). i never met him again . he looks like georges neighbour in george and mildred . big al was also there but in a schmitt also peter green in a trojan . i first met g-o-g-g-o that day but it was just after his stroke and he was bubble less.
a pic here of the family warren circa 1965 on the trobike ( which i still have)  the annual trip to wallasey military tattoo to see the white helmets  army motorcycle team fresh in our minds .
how on earth did the bike survive such treatment and can anyone beat 4 on a trobike - or 5 in a treinkel for that matter

Wow! ONe day, I will make a small website with all of my dads old icrocar photos... That was when you could find trojans in the back of gardens... My dad was given one by an old lady, and in the end, the lady gave him 5£ towards the restoration!
I bet you could fit 10 people in a Nobel, since there is a load of legroom. You can easily fir 3 sleeeping people in it!
My dads Nobel seems to be our everyday car this week! We went to see one of our friends, he is GIANT! (2m tall?), and he said "I will never fit in it..." Next thing I heard (When he had a ride in it) "I want one! Theres as much legroom as a limousine!"

Lovely photos you got :)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 10:25:51 AM »
by the way the trobike pic is printed from a transparency - a slide . it looks very clear on the slide , i had it professionally printed up years ago but was always disa pointed in the result .  :( does anyone know if i could get a better print off my seemingly good slide . thanks

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 08:22:02 PM »
by the way the trobike pic is printed from a transparency - a slide . it looks very clear on the slide , i had it professionally printed up years ago but was always disa pointed in the result .  :( does anyone know if i could get a better print off my seemingly good slide . thanks

The image looks very grubby, the colour is a bit out and there are a lot of dust marks and scratches particularly that large crease just above the top of the fence most of which I guess must be on the print rather than the slide. All of those defects you can fix quite easily in Photoshop or Gimp or by rescanning the slide. Unfortunately the original photo is blurred and looks like fairly grainy, low resolution film and those are issues you're stuck with.

There's a link for gimp here http://www.gimp.org/ if anyones interested.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"