Author Topic: mopetta chassis plate  (Read 4719 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
mopetta chassis plate
« on: April 02, 2011, 12:41:30 PM »
does anyone have a photo of an ORIGINAL plate ? and do the replicas have one ? i presume they do. i have looked for a long while for the correct blank to make one for my Bruetsch Pfeil and have found a company making the same one as per Bruetsch Zwerg - the intermediate size car .

are these of any interest to mopetta owners ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: mopetta chassis plate
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 08:37:56 AM »
whilst on the subject - not that anyone else is  ;D could a friendly german speaker translate the printed text on the photograph  for me ? some are obvious but not sure about all of them

many thanks
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 09:02:25 AM »
whilst on the subject - not that anyone else is  ;D could a friendly german speaker translate the printed text on the photograph  for me ? some are obvious but not sure about all of them

many thanks

Fahrgestellunmmer = Chassis number
Eigengewicht = empty weight
zul. Gesamtgewicht = overall weight
Motornummer = engine number
Hubraum = cubic capacity
Baujahr = year of built

Hope it is of help
Cheers
Ferdi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 10:18:06 AM »
thanks very much - vielen dank  ferdi - do you know what the bottom two boxes would be for

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 10:29:59 AM »
I am sure that some time ago someone was offering that they could make chassis plates for any car.
They are normally only anodised aluminium plates.
I got a new one for my Vellocette LE a while ago from the LE club.  This was then stamped-up by them.
The LE plate is conveniently placed on the glove box cover which is easily removed / falls off - good thinking.
If an original plate from any similar car can be found, then all that is required is a high precision scan and a very good artwork (copied from the scan).
Once I find a good Lawil chassis plate, I will do this for my car as its original plate has been lost.
Just need to find somewhere that can black anodise aluminium plate from artwork supplied.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 10:33:48 AM »
but surely a one off must be expensive isnt it ? was this service being offered to clubs or individuals . anyhow i have found the one i needed , off the shelf in germany

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 12:27:44 PM »
With a good copy and accurate sizes, I have electrically etched brass plates so similar that you cannot tell any differences.  I have also made laser copies on aluminium with reverse transfers that are also excellent and relatively durable.  Not the same as the technique use by the manufacturers, but pass state inspection, especially if they do not have an "original" to compare to.  I do these for my own vehicles when plates are missing or damaged, not for illegal purposes to defraud.  I can give assistance in this area if anyone needs it.   Once the blank plate is made, then I use metal stamps of the correct sizes to stamp in the necessary numbers and letters.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 12:03:25 AM »
thanks very much - vielen dank  ferdi - do you know what the bottom two boxes would be for

Not sure 100% but it must be
Achslast vorne = axle load limit front
Achslast hinten = axle load limit rear

Cheers
Ferdi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 07:25:54 AM »
thak ferdi . herr bruetsch mut have used a multi purpose plate and its suitable for goods vehicles as well. did mopettas have a plate ? anyone

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 09:25:20 PM »
do i take it that no mopettas have chassis plates then ?

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 10:44:25 AM »
do i take it that no mopettas have chassis plates then ?

Sorry, i 've got no clue, as i aint specialized in Brütsch products. Oliver should know though