Author Topic: East Anglia Microcar Club Rally 5th-7th August  (Read 15653 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
East Anglia Microcar Club Rally 5th-7th August
« on: April 02, 2011, 04:03:40 PM »
Just heard from Dave Arnott that its not at Stonham Barns this year but just outside of Norwich on the first weekend in August. I dare say Dave will give us the details later.

New Venue....Anglian Windows Sports & Social Club, Horsford Manor, Holt Road, Norwich. Norfolk 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:10:51 AM by Bob Purton »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: East Anglia Microcar Club Rally [Wot! No Stonham barns?]
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 07:42:34 AM »
Well Stonham me, what a life. I was aware this was to happen. Probs with costs etc. and a move is no bad thing as it opens up new areas to explore. I was talking about the preservation line up at Sheringham where they have 'the Bubble'. A double ended powered carrage, which they gleefully placed available and held for the BUMS trip to the line in return for our cars being parked outside. I think they were pleased someone liked it rather than the steam engines.THen there is the pub with an E type jag engine in the fireplace and exhaust going up the chimney. A diesel powered preservation lines, etc etc. I recommend you do not miss it.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 09:17:39 AM »
I will just make a comment so that I keep updated on this one. - Shame as Stonham Barns is just a few miles away and I could have driven there.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 04:49:58 PM »
Yes, shame for me also because I used to rent a little caravan adjacent to the site.  I think the site rent was an issue two years ago for the last one and as we know here in rip off Britain prices only ever go in one direction, UP! I really liked the site, there was always plenty going on there for other family members who were not so obsessed with microcars as we are. Hengrave hall was also one of my favorites. Still nothing stays the same forever, we will see what wonders the Anglian windows club house has in store for us! As Al said it will at least open up new routes for the run outs.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 11:19:59 PM »
The venue for this rally is as follows.   Anglian Windows Sports & Social Club, Horsford Manor, Holt Road, Norwich. Norfolk 

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 07:19:42 AM »
About an hour from me Bob (in Suffolk)  - just above Norwich.
Is there a date?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 08:08:32 AM »
Ah I forgot to mention that. 5th to 7th August. I notice that its adjacent to Norwich airport, does anyone know if this means we will be deafened? Is it a busy airport? Do they land and take off at night?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:29:50 AM by Bob Purton »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
Re: East Anglia Microcar Club Rally 5th-7th August
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 10:38:41 AM »
Dunno but I realise it is about 2 miles from an ex Girlfriend with now attendant small person. Ooo eck! (broke up as she moved there expecting me too as well, why? Strange folk are females).
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 11:24:02 AM »
If its too noisy perhaps we can all kip on her lounge floor?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:25:02 PM by Bob Purton »

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 12:59:36 PM »
Ah I forgot to mention that. 5th to 7th August. I notice that its adjacent to Norwich airport, does anyone know if this means we will be deafened? Is it a busy airport? Do they land and take off at night?

Not a busy airport at all. I am pretty sure there are no night flights.
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 03:13:28 PM »
Martin Galea just confirmed, the flights stop at 10/10.30pm. I shall leave my earplugs at home then.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 08:19:53 AM »
Martin Galea just confirmed, the flights stop at 10/10.30pm. I shall leave my earplugs at home then.

Great place to go and play, then!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 10:13:34 AM »
I shall certainly be playing there! Having missed Bath and the national clashes with my hols as usual this will be my only Microcar rally this year. Hope we have a good turn out. Who's going?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 09:10:59 AM »
You can afford holidays as will as buzzing and Thumper? Oh to live in Essex, land of plenty!
It looks like the National might be the only event I can realistically be active at now this year and that only due to proximity, bummer. Hope to get the Schmitt to local meeting at 'Duck' this weekend, all of 10 miles away! If I leave the house to long I risk returning to find the locks changed and my stuff on the pavement, illegal but effective bullying from family in deepening argument.....

RalphT

• Occasional
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 10:13:55 AM »
Hi all

Does anyone have a program for the rally this weekend.

I hope to attend in my Schmitt.

RalphT
1960 Messerschmitt KR200