Author Topic: Summer is here!  (Read 2759 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Summer is here!
« on: April 06, 2011, 02:33:46 PM »
  Look at this nice, sunny weather!
A lady asked us if we can lend her the Nobel for a wedding, but we told her we have a few simila cars too, so we sent her these pics, of some of our microcars, didnt want to have em all in, otherwise there would be too many schmitts ;)

What car would you choose for a wedding? I guess the giant, green beast ;)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:36:51 PM by JonathanPoll »
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Summer is here!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 02:49:18 PM »
I recon the Goggo and the Nobel.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 09:26:39 PM »
Nice photos! A few years ago I used my Trojan for a wedding. The bride's Dad is a chauffeur to a successful business woman, and has use of her cars and his own fleet of lovely classics which includes a white RR. He knew she would expect that so he asked me to surprise her, and it did! Nicely decked out in white ribbons and she was really excited to have such an unusual car. Her Dad (about 60 and fairly large crouched in the back for the short trip to the church, which emptied out as soon as we arrived to see this most unusual sight. Afterwards the groom was a bit worried about it saying he could not fit (he is smaller than Bride's Dad), so I said "Well Dave managed it!" so he said "Well I'd better get in then!" Although I was clear that it was a favour I got paid nicely, and everyone thought it was brilliant.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 09:30:16 PM »
It is easier to accommodate a wedding dress in a Heinkel or Isetta because of the wide opening door I would think.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 09:37:50 PM »
Her dress was fairly modest compared to some extravaganzas and with me already in and behind the wheel she had no problems. I told Dave that he would have to take the blame if she had a sense-of-humour failure, but she was genuinely delighted, especially as everyone in the streets was waving and cheering!

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 01:05:17 AM »

What car would you choose for a wedding?
I'd go for the Nobel
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 08:24:15 AM »
Could do an Avengers themed wedding with the Bentley - Steed - and Schmitt - Mrs Peel. No, do not go there! Those who like film clips will find several episodes with a Messerschmitt in. Certainly in one the Schmitt is chasing after the Bentley in the closing 'amusing ending to credit' sequence. Sadly I have never seen a Messerschmitt owner as attractive as Diana Rigg despite some wearing leather clothing. There might be something said for the Lotus Elan, Marcus. (not Clairvoyant but adding to prior message for ease)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 10:35:36 AM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 08:32:14 AM »
To complete my wedding driver duties I turned up wearing my Fabulous Fezhead stage costume: Fez, shades, red and white striped kaftan and boots. If you're going to go for it, go for it!

The Avengers themed wedding sounds very apPEALling, but you would also need a Lotus Elan.  (Or a Mazda MX5 lookalike!)