Author Topic: Bond Minibike  (Read 6470 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Bond Minibike
« on: April 19, 2011, 07:57:31 PM »
Not a microcar and something I am to heavy to ever ride. The ultimate in Ali origami on two wheels. A  metallic blue Bond Minibike with legshields should anyone be interested. It will be available next week by the sounds of it.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Bond Minibike
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 08:51:42 PM »
Like this Alan? Photo here for anyone who does not know what they look like:

http://i.thisis.co.uk/274136/article/images/997393/937573-vlarge.jpg
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 07:05:14 AM »
dad has a green one, almost fully restored. it has a 98cc J.A.P  engine which apparently makes it a "rare" one.  they are a stressed aluminium frame and have the structural integrity of a lettuice. a nice thing for a static display but i wouldnt want to ride one.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 07:57:11 AM »
It seems that the original version was a 98cc machine but a more powerfull 125 odd cc option was included as a delux version. I understood the Villiers was the smaller and JAP larger but this is gleaned from a quick search of the Internet where incorrect info abounds. My interest is that the company that made them was BAC. Laurie Bond made little himself finding a manufacturer to licence the various designs he came up with. I know he worked for Blackburn so is this Blackburn Aircraft Company? My father was with Blackburn for a little while and helped design and make the prototype Beverley, the 'flying shoebox'. There were great ideas of sitting passengers in the leading edge of the thick wings which never came to production. It is alleged Bond half inched a lot of the parts used to make the prototype Minicar from Blackburn. I like that idea.
Yes it is as pictured.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 08:40:29 AM »
Beverleys were ungainly beasts but vaguely appealing because of that, I really loved those Bristol 170 and 172 freighters. The Junkers G 38 DID have passenger seats in the leading edge of each wing:

http://members.fortunecity.com/phreke/cs/junkersG38ground.jpg
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 04:23:02 PM »
what happened to the Minibyke?been after one for absolutely ages,only problem is if anything bond comes up those serial collectors in cheshire always snap it up,then hide it away ???(yes i have been to see them when they bought some bond bits off me)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 10:58:30 AM »
No serious interest was expressed so I did not follow it up as I had loads of other potential things on the go. Do you want a dead Prior for £200 instead? Still have not been north to pull out the Reliant Mk5.