Author Topic: Reliant Book: The Grand announcement  (Read 22605 times)

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Reliant Book: The Grand announcement
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 04:00:42 AM »
Has Hollywood done the life of the Prophet Mohammed yet?

No, but the animated series SOUTH PARK had the Prophet (peace be upon him and blessed is his name) appear on the show dressed in a Bear costume so you never really saw his form.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 03:08:35 PM »
 We're in the Tamworth Herald...   :)  Not quite sure how to get the attached pdf file up the right way, as this is how I received it, but turn your head over over a bit & it should be ok.  ;D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 05:24:08 PM »
" theres a guy works down our chip shop swears he,s Elvis , but he,s a liar and i,m not sure about you ." apologies to the late, and much lamented kirsty mcColl
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 06:15:27 PM »
Click view , top left corner and rotate anticlockwise.

All good publicity Stuart, good for sales although It looks like you are being upstaged by Elvis, you only got a solitary mention. Quick, jump up on stage and start gyrating the pelvis! :D  I always prefered Carl Perkins anyway! :o  Seriously, I hope its a runaway success for you both and inspires you to write more.

Elvis

• Occasional
    • 3-wheelers.com
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 12:26:54 AM »
Click view , top left corner and rotate anticlockwise.

All good publicity Stuart, good for sales although It looks like you are being upstaged by Elvis, you only got a solitary mention. Quick, jump up on stage and start gyrating the pelvis! :D  I always prefered Carl Perkins anyway! :o  Seriously, I hope its a runaway success for you both and inspires you to write more.

Thanks Bob, as I mentioned to Stuart, due to my interest in local history and all things Reliant, I seem to be in this particular paper quite often.  As a result when I mention something to them they go through old articles to obtain background information.  I sent them a photo of the book cover and information about the book.  For the story they unearthed a photo from several years ago that I have never seen before and information about me along with quotes from past articles.   

As you say though, its all good publicity for the book.   :)
1961 Reliant Regal Mk VI van

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 07:53:09 AM »
" theres a guy works down our chip shop swears he,s Elvis , but he,s a liar and i,m not sure about you ." apologies to the late, and much lamented kirsty mcColl

But before that and when he was the famous Elvis he had microcars. Not sure if that ran to a Reliant.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 08:12:19 AM »
The press are bound to like the name Elvis, Stuart should change his name to Jedward ! Yup, Mr Presley had a KR 200, and I believe it is on show at Gracelands, he called it "a cool buggy". RIP Kirsty McColl.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Elvis

• Occasional
    • 3-wheelers.com
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 12:05:33 PM »
I have an article here written by Elvis Presley that mentions his 3-wheelers

http://www.3wheelers.com/elvispresley.html        :)
1961 Reliant Regal Mk VI van

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2011, 10:32:47 AM »
The press are bound to like the name Elvis, Stuart should change his name to Jedward ! Yup, Mr Presley had a KR 200, and I believe it is on show at Gracelands, he called it "a cool buggy". RIP Kirsty McColl.

I would have thought Jimmy Somerpeel of Comunards might be more appropriate.

or Mick Hucknall of Simply Read

There is a guy down works down our chip shop swears he's a Messerschmitt but he's a liar I'm sure its an Isetta. Still lamenting my Krusty Mucky Coil
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2011, 03:07:31 PM »
 An update on the Reliant book....

Despite the fact that Elvis & I worked our socks off to meet Crecy Publishing's deadline of 30th April with 20,000 words & 100 photos, we had a message a couple of weeks later whereby they had discovered that their template for the new range of Nostalgia Road books was set to only 13,000 words & 90 pictures! (This from a company with 40 years in the book production business behind them, but I digress).

As the reader can no doubt imagine, this caused no end of difficulties for us both as with a sharp reduction down to 17,000 words there rapidly proved to be nowhere else to go without loosing the very point of the book.  But still we had to cut more But there was a silver lining to this cloud. After some negotiations, we have persuaded Crecy Publishing to extend the title into two volumes, being: The Reliant Three-Wheeler 1935-1973 and The Reliant Three-Wheeler 1974-2002.

This way, we do not loose any of the detail of the original work and can expand much further upon the latter days of the Reliant company, something never before done in print as of yet.

We have just completed & returned the reworking of volume 1, and this should be out on the shelf as planned within the next couple of months. Stay tuned for the ongoing developments of volume 2....

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 05:42:25 PM »
Well done Stuart but does this mean we will have to shell out twice as much money for the books?

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 05:47:41 PM »
Well done Stuart but does this mean we will have to shell out twice as much money for the books?

Lets put it this way, it means Elvis & I get more royalties....   ;)

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 08:23:39 PM »
Stuart,

When are you going to do a Peel book?

It's not as if there's loads. There's not even one!

Ergo a space in the market...

P
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2011, 08:05:08 AM »
Stuart,

When are you going to do a Peel book?

It's not as if there's loads. There's not even one!

Ergo a space in the market...

P

Good idea, then I can plagiarize it, as is allegedly traditional, and make more money than the original author.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2011, 08:13:21 AM »

Lets put it this way, it means Elvis & I get more royalties....   ;)

Do a book about Goggomobils and it Isar 'bout several Royalties.