Author Topic: Reliant Book: The Grand announcement  (Read 22568 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Reliant Book: The Grand announcement
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2011, 08:24:07 AM »
An update on the Reliant book....

we have persuaded Crecy Publishing to extend the title into two volumes, being: The Reliant Three-Wheeler 1935-1973 and The Reliant Three-Wheeler 1974-2002.

This way, we do not loose any of the detail of the original work and can expand much further upon the latter days of the Reliant company, something never before done in print as of yet.

We can only trust that the Publishers remain wedded to the deal and Root becomes a published author twice over - and Elvis of course. As such any further projects become more possible. Not only that a talent should be used if the rewards or pleasure of the end product is achievable. The trick is to bend the talent to trade for tasks you have not the ability to do but wish to have the advantage of. No reason why this cannot be achieved. There are a few MIcro owning pen wielders.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2011, 01:17:07 AM »

The editorial deadline for the next edition of RCN is 15 May, so unless Stuart can supply a pre-production copy for review purposes it will not get into RCN 109. The following Editorial deadline is August 15th, just 14 days after the publication date so some serious reading and writing will be needed by the potential reviewer.

I now have received the first proof copy of Volume 1 from the publishers which is currently sat on my computer in pdf format. Who wants to step up & do said review for RCN?

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 11:08:09 PM »
STOP-PRESS! The first advance copies of the book is back from the printers & Elvis & I received our preview copies this morning. We think some booksellers are already selling copies as witness a seller on eBay knocking out no less than five copies between 11am & 3pm.

Those who have asked about mail-order signed-by-both-of-us copies, limited numbers will be available after Sunday 11th September from both me and Elvis and also from the Tamworth Information Centre. Stay tuned for further details of how to order these signed copies direct from me after that day. We may possibly be able to do another, ad hoc, signing at the NEC Classic Car Show in November but this depends on us both being present on the same day! Again, watch this space for further updates...

mharrell

• Quite Chatty
    • An Accumulation
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2011, 12:07:52 AM »
The first advance copies of the book is back from the printers....

Congratulations!  Autographed copies will be available for international shipping, yes?  I don't believe I'll be near Tamworth any time soon.
197? Lyman Electric Quad (two), 1978 KV Mini 1, 1980 KV Mini 1, 1981 HMV Freeway

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2011, 02:53:33 AM »

Autographed copies will be available for international shipping, yes?  I don't believe I'll be near Tamworth any time soon.

Yep, we'll ship 'em anywhere.  :)  This time last year you were approximately 2,000 miles closer to Tamworth than you are now & me 2,000 miles further. Doesn't time fly.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2011, 09:53:52 AM »
Dear Stuart

Your book will be on the next Foyles book list obtainable through the Rumcar Book shop at £7.16 + postage

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2011, 05:44:45 PM »
heard on bbc traffic news tonight that there are major holdups around tamworth - did they get their copies at the visitor centre early  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2012, 01:29:24 PM »
LATEST NEWS: The first page proofs of Volume 2, "The Reliant Three-Wheeler 1973-2002" have just been received back from the publishers by Elvis & I for proof reading & index compiling. Though we say so ourselves, Vol 2 looks pretty good from here, and is of course the first time the post 1973 story has ever been fully told in print...

Watch this space for the official publication date, possibly around April 1st.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2012, 08:34:05 PM »
Dear Stuart

Great News, Dont forget to let me have a copy to review. Too late for the next issue of Rumcar News.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News