Author Topic: Enfield Pageant of motoring  (Read 2336 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Enfield Pageant of motoring
« on: May 27, 2011, 09:21:29 PM »
Will any forum users be there tomorrow? Me and Planty plan to go in the Isetta, lets hope Thumper doesnt let us down!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Enfield Pageant of motoring
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 09:47:41 PM »
g-o-g-g-o is sure to go or is that Bromley ? its all darn sarf to me . i am meant to be camping at the nottingham owners rally but the weather forecast is poor - may just attend sunday as i am still acquiring bits for my Mark A . will i ever get them ? hoping to collect a steering column and a gearchange column. without these bits its  very dispiriting . it is the only LHD drive in the country and one of very few survivors worldwide - Bruce has one !
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 12:44:49 PM »
Planty and I had a pleasant trip to Enfield in Thumper yesturday, I decided to go on the A406 North circular as that way I could pick up Mr Plant outside Gants Hill Tube station and then get on to the 406 and up the A10 Great Cambridge road to Enfield, Thumper went very well and turned out to be the only Microcar in attendance which is unusual for this event. One of the main reasons for going is the autojumble and as usual I bought antique instruments and Mike dived into the bottom of junk boxes and found micro rarities like Frisky door handles! We met up with GOGGO and the other usual suspects and a good day was had by all. The event continues today and monday, maybe there will be other microcars there on these other days.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 04:11:37 PM by Bob Purton »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 07:53:19 PM »
planty obviously needing therapy. 4 more frisky doorhandles after 3 at beaulieu .  ;) how many friskys in the world need door handles ! stop him now !! :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 08:05:00 PM »
Ah, what your forgetting is that they also go on scootacars and Berkeleys. But your right , he does need therapy! :D :D :D

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 09:00:52 PM »
more frisky doorhandles after 3 at beaulieu

You can never have too many door handles  ;)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 09:21:27 PM »
They make an interesting alternative on a Victorian toilet door as they have a decent lock.

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 09:57:21 PM »
Dont give him ideas Chris, thats just the sort of thing he would do!  Plus a Frisky gear lever to flush the loo!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 10:23:51 PM by Bob Purton »