Author Topic: German field full of rotting cars. And micros...  (Read 9178 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
German field full of rotting cars. And micros...
« on: May 01, 2011, 01:38:06 AM »
 Whilst perusing another website of faintly dubious inclinations, I happened upon a film of the chap in Germany who has a field full of 1950s vehicles rotting away as an art sculpture of some sort. At the beginning is seen a Fuldamobil S7 (try not to wet yourself Jonathan!). At 1.57 is a Goliath/Tempo thingy, closely followed by a Goggomobil saloon at 2.55. immediately followed by a UK-registered Lloyd GP400 type thingy, then horrors of horrors, at 4.55 is a yellow AC Petite, reg number UPD 638....  

This is the link to the page containing the film. It can take a few moments to start the film. If I can find the same film elsewhere, I'll repost it more tidly.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/autovisie/autovisie_nieuws/6694607/__Unieke_verzameling_klassiekers_op_unieke_locatie__.html?p=8,1
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 02:00:28 AM by Stuart Cyphus »

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: German field full of rotting cars. And micros...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 02:01:37 AM »
And a few more photos....

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 03:53:04 AM »
It appears he arranged them that way along a nice path.  These are not just piles of junk rotting away in a forest.
I've seen lots of German dioramas with 1/43 scale models of cars in all sorts of decay. This is a life-size version of that.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 07:00:53 AM »
At the beginning is seen a Fuldamobil S7 (try not to wet yourself Jonathan!)

:O

(dripping on the floor)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 08:35:40 AM »
Shades of Groomfondle's and several other yards cleared out. Now its art. Perhaps I should be saving my dumpkins for future display and sale!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 01:20:39 PM »
Oh my gosh, yes its the property of Michael Fröhlich, and he call the " field" an art of work ! I know of the cars for more than 25 years now. Nothing, absolutely nothing is for sale ! He rather prefer to let the cars rot away. Can you imagine mates, there are also Jag's Porsches and even so a Rolls Royce !!!! I not even have a piece of understanding for doing something like this.
To my opinion i reckon he like it, people- enthusiast are getting furious seeing the cars run to seed.
Would like to rescue the Nobel, and also the AC Petite, but no chance .  >:(

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 02:55:39 PM »
The worst is, I need one of the parts he (probably) has on his fulda! The ali that goes around the door, on the body... Its just going to waste!

PS: Another sad fact, Someone's Nobel burned up in sep 2009
Mopeds:

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 05:42:52 PM »
And a few more photos....

;) Just went to visit the old wreck, here are the photos I took  ;)

Just kidding, took the pictures from Fuldamobil.de

Mopeds:

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 07:19:10 AM »
Oh my gosh, yes its the property of Michael Fröhlich, and he call the " field" an art of work ! I know of the cars for more than 25 years now. Nothing, absolutely nothing is for sale ! He rather prefer to let the cars rot away. Can you imagine mates, there are also Jag's Porsches and even so a Rolls Royce !!!! I not even have a piece of understanding for doing something like this.
To my opinion i reckon he like it, people- enthusiast are getting furious seeing the cars run to seed.
Would like to rescue the Nobel, and also the AC Petite, but no chance .  >:(

The activity of art installation is not the skill as an artist but in the ability to annoy people with the installation and bullshit the wannabe trendies that it is art. This is apparently very clever and worth money. When successful an honest person calling it crap is accused of being a philistine. I look at this sort of art in much the same light as a confidence trick. The fact you can study confidence trickery at university and gain a degree in it rather sums up why the West is in such a mess economically. It beats work, for instance. Of course if I were to pop over and restore one of the cars that would not be art as I am not qualified with a degree in this nonsense nor in the associated bullshit. The real reason it would be a failure is that it would create something useful which art seems dead set against. Better to beg money and be useless than create something that benefits everyone.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 09:16:25 AM »
UPD 638 on a petite and UPD 639  on a Lloyd ? verrry interesting but stupid ! ( Rowan and Martin Laugh in )  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 09:58:12 AM »
Say goodnight Dick!
Here come de judge, here come de judge, everybody know dat here come de judge.

Beautiful Downtown Bermondsey
(or something like that!)
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 08:04:38 AM »
its really no different to the "im going to do it up" brigade. how many times have you found a car in a garden, knocked on the door and been told "im goin to do it up"?  you know full well it will never get touched and will just continue to go back to mother nature. its bloody annoying,but the fact is, its their car to do with what they please,,,,,,,,,,which is usually nothing!!!