Author Topic: BATH RALLY 2011  (Read 9933 times)

chrispbug

• Occasional
BATH RALLY 2011
« on: May 06, 2011, 05:07:33 PM »
Not been to this rally for several years now and thought I might give it a go this year. Is anybody else planning to go ? It could be the last one from what I've heard.
More details on www.bristolmicrocarclub.com

The Bristol Microcar Club are presenting their 26th Microcar Rally on 1st to 3rd July 2011
Rally Site is part of the large area between the
Bristol Road and the Keynsham Bypass.
This years SHOW will be at
KEYNSHAM RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB
CROWN FIELDS
BRISTOL ROAD
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 05:34:39 PM by chrispbug »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: BATH RALLY 2011
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 07:14:44 PM »
Yes I hope to drive down to it on both days in the Schmitt unless I can get a dog sitter and camp. There is a contingent driving micros down from Yorkshire too. They like a shandy or two so hopefully this will sit well with my pipe puffing chum. Be good to see you again. The more old time micronauts that go the more reason to go too and make an evening of it.

As to Bath ending. It is two fold. Wynford does it all on his own, well with Jean of course. The Bristol Microcar funds have about gone and this bankrolled the rally. It needs new input and deserves to be revitalised in some way with or without Wynford as chief organiser. I cannot see him giving it up entirely but with his other commitments it is a lot of ground to cover. Natural helpers like Dave Morgan are not really fit enough to help even though he does still do more than he should, bless him. So we will have to see what happens.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 10:25:58 AM »
Yes its Bath this weekend folks!

The Messerschmitt is in for MOT on Saturday morning. So there is a chance of nipping down toward Bath if the run out is in my direction to tag on to the remainder. However I can drive down on Sunday via the A420 and A4 so avoiding the M4. It is a nice drive save the battle through Bath itself. Probably decide to monsoon now.

This means I should be Schmitting at Maryport although I might have to use the engine with leaking oil seals which I suspect will not make the pass over to Buttermere. Depends on time and replacement engine being co operative.

At last a car to play with on the road!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 08:23:30 PM »
im thinking of going,as ive never been before,but dont know if they will let me in in a reliant

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 09:04:10 PM »
well have been in a ford focus and a mazda 3 so you shouldnt have a problem  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 09:19:56 PM »
Of course they will let you in! You Reliant owners are paraniod arnt you! :D

I'm thinking of going but cant decide on Bath or the Felixstow Peninsular run.

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 09:44:10 PM »
simply due to the nasty treatment i and others have recieved at microcar rallies thats all,main reason why i havent been to one since 1999.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 10:15:57 PM »
paranoid definetly the word  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 09:37:54 AM »
im thinking of going,as ive never been before,but dont know if they will let me in in a reliant

No prob, Jason Heather has been going in one for yonks. If you do make yourself known. Still have that Roly Mk5? up north and I hope to bring it down after Maryport so I can sell it. If I can manage it I want the Velorex down also, again want it sold.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 09:43:03 AM »
Of course they will let you in! You Reliant owners are paraniod arnt you! :D

I'm thinking of going but cant decide on Bath or the Felixstow Peninsular run.

There is a dilemma. Would Felixstow be a Buzz? The Moped/Buzzing scene does seem rather buoyant at the moment and I can quite see why.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 09:57:36 AM »
Yes, it is an autocycle/moped run. Looks like the weather will be ok though where ever we go, in the South anyway. Could all change! :D

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 11:09:11 AM »
Hi alan,if i go i will make myself known,ill even come up and see you if i spot you there,would still like that mk5 Regal,a friend of mine has a nice engine and box which would get it sorted nicely,tho im likely to go home wanting a bond again haha.
is there likely to be any microjumble etc?always like a good root around in boxes of junk lol

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 12:38:31 PM »
Sadly the Darbys are not attending and have decided they are not doing autojumble any more. Health, stock, poor trade seem to all count. Left with one running car or a car/trailer they have decided to take a holiday caravanning with chums instead of microcar rallying so will not be in Maryport either.
I expect Steve Vine and possibly Simon Frost along with the Southampton contingent will have jumble but they have been making efforts to get cars roadworthy so who can say. My weekend is getting complicated, as ever, having sold a couple of machines which need collecting, thus pressurising time at the weekend to cater for those logistics. Might be that I send my bud down in the Schmitt and bring a few bits to sell in the van and double it with collection of some stuff needing uplifting in the area. Bizz before pleasure as always.

Yes the car has no engine or gearbox. Not sure if it has seats and need to establish if there is an ID live. Might be a second whole car available later.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 12:10:24 PM »
Messerschmitt MOTed. The only problem was with the two newest parts. The Smiths washer switch, which no longer transfers live feed and the Lucas electric water pump, which is seized. The rest of this unrestored 25k mile KR200 is 53 years old and works perfectly. And ECU's are thought to be so wonderful, not in a few years time they will not. You cannot beat simplicity and some quality of manufacture backed by regular home servicing. Having said that the engine will fall out this evening! Laugh, well it did on Harry the Schmitt while George Johnson was chasing shadows at the MOC rally on its maiden voyage.