Author Topic: Acoma mini Comtesse  (Read 8132 times)

Acoma

• Just Starting
Acoma mini Comtesse
« on: May 18, 2011, 09:47:57 PM »
Hi

Just picked up a fairly complete Acoma Mini Comtesse
I need some headlamp rims a fuel cap suspension rubbers ( a nice to have but could use old ones ) and advice on the correct seat. Any other info or pointers would help. I have most of a spare engine (missing LHS cover ). Its in bits for restoration at the moment so no rush !

Feel free to call on 07768316371

Thanks

Simon

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Re: Acoma mini Comtesse
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 03:12:45 PM »
I have a Super Comtesse (and another on its way from France).
You are welcome to have a look but I don't know where you are?

Barry

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 11:23:46 PM »
I do not have any spares, but I do have two Mini Comtesses.  A 1975 Type 730 E as well as a 1980 800E. Any questions I would be pleased to try to help.  Ian.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 12:14:53 PM »
My latest Super Comtesse has arrived from the French Alps and it's not bad (if you like that sort of thing) - always a worry when you haven't seen it before buying.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 01:30:40 PM »
this model i prefer to the one on ebay . is this the later one then ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 01:47:21 PM »
This is a Super Comtesse - four wheels and it goes quite well around the garden. (38km/h max - thats not fast)
It has less than 1000km on the clock.

The little Mini Comtesse is very interesting and I would love to have one but very dangerous.  The small wheels either side of the front wheel are to stop it overturning on bends (the slightest curve in the road more like).

My Super Comtesse handles very well with a fantastic turning circle and a reverse.

I am not sure about the prices on eBay for a Mini Comtesse.  I would stretch to £400 for a good one in France.  I think one went for £3400 recently - madness but it is up to the buyer I suppose.
It is easy to register a Peel for the road.  You try and register a Mini Comtesse.............................

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 04:40:21 PM »
Wheels might stop a roll-over!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 05:33:21 PM »
Nice caster action, there.

Ah value and worth, the stepbrothers of trade. However if they were worth naught they would not be flooding into Britain to fill the vacuum left by the now pricey indigenous machinery. So a bit of the French not realising the value elsewhere I suggest. The upshot is some folk get some inexpensive things to muck about with and others choose to make a shilling. Not allowed to talk about registration but is a Peel easy after the auction one blotted the copybook. I have a period non re issue ID and a Peel sorted that might sell.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 06:58:18 PM »
Good luck with the Peel.