Author Topic: KR175  (Read 1942 times)

Basket case

• Chatty
KR175
« on: May 20, 2011, 09:14:45 PM »
Getting floor(s) and sides made by a local sheet metal worker. Verbal estimate about £120 per panel. Anybody need anything?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: KR175
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 08:49:12 AM »
Yes indeed. I need a pair of side floors. Oliver Herbolzhiemer only makes the whole floor now and I do not really want to replace what is fundamentally a solid floor with rot along the edge. However are you looking to have swaging as original. The side panels are just sheet steel unlike the KR200 which has a slightly concave pressed panel. My boot will go to a panel beater on a KR200 boot yielding up a donar panel to repear the hinge which some burk cut off an otherwise near perfect unit. The nose needs a tidy up and I have a choice of two. With the body done I have most parts to get the car driving but the door is a real mess being in three bits. I need a drivers gear lever, handbrake and rear seat. Can live without the last. I have spares to trade.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Basket case

• Chatty
Re: KR175
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 07:31:42 PM »
I'm seeing the guy this week.  By all accounts he has made panels for Astons, but was blown away when he saw the 'Schmitt. I'm pretty sure his work will be good.

I need the two side floors and he has a swager, so I'm sure he'll do what we need. I also need the nose floors (inner and outer), plus the two sides (complete).

I'm short of a gear change lever and the reverse mechanism which bolts to the steering column. I'll be in touch later in the week.