Author Topic: Source for Goggo brake wheel cylinders?  (Read 6528 times)

adi

• Quite Chatty
Source for Goggo brake wheel cylinders?
« on: June 08, 2011, 05:47:28 PM »
Anybody know if there is anywhere in the UK (a club perhaps, or a microcar parts dealer, or whatever) that would have a couple of Goggomobil wheel cylinders? It seems they are the same as the Prinz, which is what I need.

I know there are some on ebay.de, but if there are any in the UK it would be more convenient.

So where do all you Goggo people get your cylinders from?

Oceanix

• Chatty

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: Source for Goggo brake wheel cylinders?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 07:28:52 PM »
Is your Goggo on our Register?  Maurice Rogers runs the Goggomobil section of our Register and may be able to help you.        maurice.rogers@hotmail.com   Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 08:14:11 PM »
not sure goggo register would supply parts for an NSU Prinz would they  :-\
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

adi

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 09:13:52 PM »
Well, they sell stuff, I buy stuff, they make a profit, I don't see why not. Unless they are REALLY wierd, which kind of wouldn't surprise me anymore.

Dammit, these cylinders are really annoying me now.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 10:08:07 PM »
sorry didnt mean to offend ! profit would rarely come into it . parts are usually sourced and kept to one side for those with the same cars thats all . try going to any club and asking for irreplaceable parts to use on your car - you wouldnt usually get much luck. when i was in the heinkel trojan club we had some parts for lhd and we couldnt shift them at any price . we would have loved to find another car they fitted and we would have supplied them VERY willingly ! i dont think we ever did  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 10:18:29 PM »
not sure goggo register would supply parts for an NSU Prinz would they  :-\

Of course they would if they had them, there is usually quite a good rapport between the clubs, Messerschmitt clubs supply Nobel owners with engine parts, I bought Renault 4 parts from there club for my Inter etc etc. Usually if you explain what you want the stuff for they cooperate, we are all part of the same movement, keeping vintage machines on the road. Perhaps you have had a different experience Richard?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 07:50:30 AM »

Of course they would if they had them, there is usually quite a good rapport between the clubs, Messerschmitt clubs supply Nobel owners with engine parts, I bought Renault 4 parts from there club for my Inter etc etc. Usually if you explain what you want the stuff for they cooperate, we are all part of the same movement, keeping vintage machines on the road. Perhaps you have had a different experience Richard?
[/quote]

I think the key is how you go about asking. THere are some instances of turf battles but they seem to be in the minority.

As far as I was aware there was not a problem of obtaining Goggo cylinders, it is more a case of how much they cost. The ones you want are Alfred Teves type, later ATE which was rolled up into a new entity some years back, I forget the name. I would suprised if there are not some on a shelf in an old ATE stockist. No good looking at the more common Girling/Lockheed outlets. Uwe Staufenburg will sell you a set.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 11:32:01 AM »
try buying bond bits for a gordon !!  ;D if i was in a club that had for example 4 original and irreplaceable sets of alluminium trim and they sold them to a non member to cut up and refashion into trim for another type of car  i and i think other members would be FURIOUS , clubs may cooperate of course but some parts surely must be kept for future restorations . am i totally wrong ? i am not of course talking of someone buying one of a newly remanufactured batch of , say , silencers  . primarily i think you will find that club officers feel a duty to preserve their own vehicles before another marque. been on club committees and cannot imagine the scenario of the spares officer parting with extremely rare parts to non members.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 12:52:18 PM »
I agree Dickie but wheel cylinders are not rare parts and also can even be bored and sleeved, it was an irrelevant comment to start with as Maurice of the Goggo register doesn't do spares and Uwe has loads and will sell them to anybody and everyone, he is a business out to make money and not a club.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 10:54:32 AM »
Maurice Rogers is part of the Register of Unusual Microcars, he just takes care of the Goggo section.  He may well have a contact and if you are on our Register it does not matter what car you are restoring, if he can help he will. Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars