Author Topic: The Return of the King  (Read 7290 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: The Return of the King
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 07:57:03 PM »
I think I can beat that, I went to buy a schmitt down in the west Country some years back and a badger was living in it!

Was it advertised as the Messerset with the engine Brock? I dig it.

Makes a difference from a Tiger! The FMR TB 500 Badger.

How bizarre, most unusual for a Badger to do that. Then it was a west country Badger and they are nuttier then squirrel poo down there.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 08:41:45 PM »
sorry stuart cannot see how an Ariel 3 can get de grot at a micro national  ;) its not a micro - or is that one too now ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 09:59:24 PM »
Dickie, Little details like it not being a car have never phased our Stuart, his in his own little world. :D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 07:34:59 AM »
sorry stuart cannot see how an Ariel 3 can get de grot at a micro national  ;) its not a micro - or is that one too now ?

I suggested the same thing. However with prizes being given for best trailer anything is possible. Also in the days when we still had the old grot award before someone nicked it(!) it was given to the grottiest microcar driven to or during the show. I seem to recall Nick Poll, Kevin Wigmore and I featured large on that trophy. The pool of potential winners on that basis is thus now less plus toward the end of my involvement it was already getting slightly diplomatic as certain people took things to seriously to be awarded the prize despite having a crapper as they thought it was quite good. I do not know what parameters are now in place for the award to be judged. Perhaps it might be altered to the machine that most people would not want to see again and that would put folk off wanting to win it again and open it up to anything exhibited as a Microcar even if it is not!

I was round Root's yesterday delivering some plates and bits of Duo forgotten. An ideal opportunity to see his new exhibits of course. His world is coloured by the frustration of missing the '80's when MIcrocars were cheap and seemed to be populated by very many more eccentrics/nutters. This became clear on talking about Dennis and his raffia restrained Hamster, he of folding Schmitt seat fame. The famous exploding air frame tent incident at Weston Park and other shaggy Micro tales. Then you have to be in tune and on the ground to be part of it and I have few up to date tales as I am not present as I used to be. Maybe Root will be now he has the Toilet Blue Streak, Bro-Batting its way to the National surely!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »
Hi
      I agree with big Al it used to be for the for the car that was driven to the show - not for a heap of junk unloded out of the back of the van - but then again most people used to drive to the show not bring there cars on trailers - you are wrong Al it was not Kevin but his older brother Malcolm in his battered Heinkel.
                                                                                                                                                                                Mike
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:17:57 AM by g-o-g-g-o »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 09:18:32 AM »
Indeed it was Malcolm with a car even Bismarck could not compete with. Marvellous.