Author Topic: Isetta Bodyshell WANTED!!!  (Read 3092 times)

dim_isettaGR

• Just Starting
Isetta Bodyshell WANTED!!!
« on: July 26, 2011, 09:08:30 AM »
Hi everyone!

My name is Dimitris and i am new in this forumn.
I have an original 1958 LHD 4wheeler Isetta chassis and various spares for some time now and the only big thing really missing is a bodyshell !!!

Does anyone have an original isetta bodyshell for sale???[/u][/b]

Dimitris

wilksie

• Quite Chatty
Re: Isetta Bodyshell WANTED!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 10:54:23 AM »
Hi Dimitris, welcome to the RUMCars Forum. Being the custodian of a somewhat rusty three-wheeler chassis and several engines and gearboxes, I too have been on the lookout for an Isetta bodyshell for a couple of years now. Apart from a very rusty one in Germany, virtually nothing has been offered through the established channels. Lots more chassis than Isetta bodies have survived. Making your own bodyshell from parts that are available, like floor pans, inner wings, wheel arches, bulkheads, would be difficult and very expensive. I seem to remember some kind of Isetta fibreglass electric replica from Harrington Group, if you wish to go down that channel. Good luck, let me know if you find two bodyshells!
Lloyd LP400
"If you are mad, this is your car."

dim_isettaGR

• Just Starting
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 03:04:03 PM »
hi there!

I know about Harrington group's fiberglass replicas but there is no way i would every buy a fiberglass body.
i am off to an original one

this is my dream  car

dimitris

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 09:08:56 AM »
There is a GRP mould in Britain I believe. Not sure who owns it now. Buying a chassis is a hard way to restore an Isetta. Get the bodyshell and everything else is available. Dare I say a well priced GRP shell would see a load of machinery roadworthy and release some crappo bodyshells for those who want the graft of originality to restore them rather than a load of sad unrestored examples that change hands untouched every two years as seems the case now. The Isetta is a prime candidate for a modern rework having a chassis beyond that. A business opportunity waiting for someone I feel. Could even do a IsoCarrio thingy with Hymer fittings, all the modern traditional MIcrocar owner could want in one package!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs