Author Topic: Vespa 400  (Read 4037 times)

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
Vespa 400
« on: January 18, 2007, 07:28:03 AM »
This year sees the 50th anniversary of the birth of the Vespa 400.  A weekend of celebrations on June 23rd & 24th is planned to commemmorate the event - see this web site:

http://www.filcom.com/capaction/50ans

for more details.  Unfortunately, this clashes with the National Autocycle & Cyclemotor Club's Coast to Coast rally so some of us will have a decision to make...

Incidentally, this year also sees the 50th anniversary of my birth but no-one has arranged a French weekend to mark the event!

Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

witney44

Re: Vespa 400
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 10:50:57 AM »
You can tell me Nick. When is the BIG day? 50! you're only a youngster!!  Bob D.  ;D

burford57

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 01:55:59 AM »
Hi Bob

It's on January 24th.  Ten years further over the hill - its all downhill from here!

Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

barchetta

• Chatty
  • ready for a road run summer 2006
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 12:44:51 PM »
Nick,
 Its also the 50th birthday of the nuova fiat 500 this year so you are in excellent company. The party is in garlenda on the Italian riviera on the 6,7 and 8th july,I'm planning to drive there leaving on saturday 30th June so i hope i get passed those bolshi customs officers at dover without too much trouble,(they are probably looking through ebay most of the time anyway)
 regards,
Fiat 500L ,Motobecane 40T & 51V ,Victoria Vicky 117,Trojan Mini-motor,, Honda p50 ,PC50 and NF75, BSA Bantam D10,Raleigh Wisp,Raleigh RM4 ,Garelli Katia and Eurika,

witney44

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 09:04:10 PM »
Bonjour Nick,
I wish you hadn't said that about going down hill. I now keep looking in the mirror and shop windows to see how far I've gone! >:(
So, you are a Tuesday's Child? Full of Grace. Now I know why you look so elegant in your outfit with your Bajaj.
Felicitations.
Bob D. ;D

burford57

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 12:07:30 AM »
Hi Dave

You know me too well!  Some of my best purchases are made in the wee small hours when all right-minded people are asleep!  Or perhaps my willpower is at its' lowest then...

Latest project is a Jincheng CH70 (49cc) Chinky Chong Dax copy.  The build quality is appalling but it might do for the back of the camper when I've painted a few bits and reassembled it.  I'll have to test it with two-up and if it isn't fit for purpose I'll put it back where I found it - eBay!  I must have been on nights when I bought it...

Got that Wisp sorted yet?  Enjoy the Fiat bash, sounds great fun.  I still get into trouble for selling mine (sorry - OURS!) but it's having a respray this year and I have been told that I can borrow it - just to rub salt in the wound!

Bob

I'm looking for a stipey jersey and beret to go with the Ligier to keep up my sartorial elegance!  Still no further with the blasted exhaust problem but hopes are high!

Nick D.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 05:44:23 PM »
All these UK owners of funny French stuff. Fancy getting together one day and working out the possibility of a raiding party to France and one of their San permis/slow stuff road runs?.......

inacoma

French road run
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 06:53:14 PM »
Hi

I think a French road run would be great.

If they were little cars like Acomas, Ligiers etc, you can get 3  or 4 on a trailer and drive to wherever the show or run is, you could probably run cars that aren't taxed and road legal in the U.k as they are sans permis !!!!!!!!!!

A mutual port for departure would help to split the ferry and other costs.

Stuart, Did you or previous owner, have to do anything different to your Mini Comtesse to get it through an M.O.T.?

All the best

John

John