Author Topic: What would you sugest?  (Read 21861 times)

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
Re: What would you sugest?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 10:13:02 PM »
apart from those who dont have £15k burning a hole in their pocket

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 10:39:29 PM »
A myth! Plenty of them change hands for considerably less!

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 10:55:36 PM »
What, like Peels changing hands for £500 and I.Cs for £1?  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 11:02:58 PM »

What, like Peels changing hands for £500 and I.Cs for £1?  ;D

8)

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2011, 06:41:40 AM »
apart from those who dont have £15k burning a hole in their pocket

Err?,   check the OP's original postings.

He doesn't state "I have 80 quid and want a microcar". Cost is not mentioned once.  Although a sub 30mph two mile journey and mentionig Bambis and Cursors does indicate budget.

However a KR once set up is the best all round micro for daily work.   Pretty much everything else will be more of a daily chore.

The Peel's  can go 40mph flat out on the flat.  A Cursor circa 28 so pretty much deadly as Mr Modern will get very annoyed being held up on his way to work...   
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 06:45:27 AM by P50 »
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2011, 07:49:39 AM »
The Nobel's a good choice "hold the wheel lightly as the car steers by itself",

Mine certainly did that!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2011, 07:51:13 AM »
A myth! Plenty of them change hands for considerably less!

Would that be a Mythathmitt?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2011, 08:18:42 AM »
I guess it would Al!

All I can say to Mr Dobie is what the facts show, plenty of folk are asking 15K and above but very few are getting it, most cars sold recently [even minters] to my knowledge have averaged 12/13K this is in the uk of course, in the usa its another story I believe. Have a look at Ebay completed listings and see all the unsold cars belonging to people with big ideas! A Peel WAS bought recently for less than £500 and are IC's worth a pound? Yes I guess so for the spares! ;D ;D

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2011, 09:24:20 AM »
I guess it would Al!

All I can say to Mr Dobie is what the facts show, plenty of folk are asking 15K and above but very few are getting it, most cars sold recently [even minters] to my knowledge have averaged 12/13K this is in the uk of course, in the usa its another story I believe. Have a look at Ebay completed listings and see all the unsold cars belonging to people with big ideas! A Peel WAS bought recently for less than £500 and are IC's worth a pound? Yes I guess so for the spares! ;D ;D

If you're referring to the Trident with no door that was dumped in a back garden then that's hardly an indicator to value!  The old girl didn't know what she had!  Under £500. Do me a favour!   Like finding a Faberge egg at a bootsale and saying you can get one for a tenner.  That's the dream.  The very few that may be left undiscovered of that ilk will go on Evilbay and lilkely be pulled before they finish.

Real world prices please.  Not aspirations.     

« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:29:12 AM by P50 »
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2011, 10:06:54 AM »
funny isnt it whenever i mention Bond there's no interest at all but seriously why ? it seems there ALMOST as bad as Reliants ( like red rag to a bull Dan )  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 11:44:07 AM »
lol,i couldnt decided to set off up to yorkshire (180 miles) this afternoon,with a time of around 3 hours in a micro,can in my reliant ;) no trailers required.

bonds have always been at the bottom of the micro scale,but as the price of the others push people out of the market,their day will come

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 02:14:39 PM »
I guess it would Al!

If you're referring to the Trident with no door that was dumped in a back garden then that's hardly an indicator to value!  The old girl didn't know what she had!  Under £500. Do me a favour!   Like finding a Faberge egg at a bootsale and saying you can get one for a tenner.  That's the dream.  The very few that may be left undiscovered of that ilk will go on Evilbay and lilkely be pulled before they finish.

Real world prices please.  Not aspirations.     

I Know I know Perry, I just threw that in because I knew you would chirp up! It is true though never the less but not representative. The serious bit was about KR200 prices which I believe have taken a dip in recent months. It no good asking yourself as you are only good at talking up the prices of the cars you happen to own!! :D :D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 03:35:21 PM »
did you really have nothing to say on it bob ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 05:55:40 PM »
Ah light relief from collating legal files now it all kicks off just when I was to be away!

Yep the market has softened. What was listed up to £15k is now more likely £12.5k but that flies in the face of what many people wish to see. Investment or purchase, two differing things, but in both cases buying well is an advantage. The eBay experience really tells you the trade values these days as much is sold off site by using eBay as an advertising medium and then there are the classified ads. Those prices tend to be for stronger money but it sifts out the better quality stuff leaving anyone needing to sell with the last minute eBay bidders. There will be many cars sat awaiting a buyer at strong money I think. Only the market can decide if that is a realistic strategy. But in that British market with the export market stronger it is clear what is happening over time. We haemorrhage our best and rarest cars. To an extent they are being replaced but much of the incoming is speculative or cheaper stuff like the French Fridges. I would say a nice Bond offers a good purchase at the moment and they are mostly usable and are no longer the bottom rung of microdom. I cannot see them getting cheaper, whereas overheated cars I can. How about a Velorex, more than adequate performance by Jawa, clearly a micro and so different from anything else. About the same value as a Bond Bug, indeed I would do you a swap!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2011, 07:32:33 PM »
Richard, I did reply but it somehow ended up in the quotation box at the bottom!

Al, I think you are spot on, 12.5K is about it at the moment.