Author Topic: A tale of two numbers  (Read 7555 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: A tale of two numbers
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 07:14:56 PM »
That was tactfull of them! It would not have been useless for the reasons we have just discussed. Thanks again for your help. See you at Jeans, I must remember to bring that chassis plate for you.

wilksie

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 11:39:07 AM »
Nothing too unusual in British-built Isetta's having Brighton numbers, it just means it was part of a batch of cars registred by the Brighton factory themselves before being distributed to the dealers wherever they be in the country. Such a thing used to be fairly common back in the day....   :)

Don't bubble my burst!
Lloyd LP400
"If you are mad, this is your car."

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 05:27:45 PM »
The tale of two numbers came to a satisfying conclusion today with a trip to my local DVLA office at Chelmsford. Armed with all the paperwork explaining how my Isetta had its original number sold on in the 1980's and was allocated a 1963 A prifix number dispite it being a 1960 car. The result today was it being given a real age related number 144 YUH. yuh, not a bad number either! I'm quite chuffed with it. It was all rather painless really and the people dealing with it were very helpfull. So the tale of two numbers becomes a tale of three!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 05:49:30 PM »
well done and i cant even think of anything silly to make up for that number and thats no bad thing  ;D give me time - and a glass of wine

could of course call the car Jimmy as in IAA YUH JIMMY  :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 06:22:53 PM »
I was thinking more of the Chelsea set , yuppy type who would go around repeating "Ok Yuh!"

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 07:24:55 PM »
when you get to be one of the chelsea set OMG  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 09:20:11 AM »
What about good old East end 'Thump Yuh'!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs