Author Topic: road legal p50 from bambycars  (Read 49883 times)

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
road legal p50 from bambycars
« on: July 22, 2011, 12:35:52 AM »
Well guys and gals, we have kept this quiet and you havnt heard much from me for a while. I would like to introduce to you the all new BAMBY P50.  Number 1 passed its MSVA test this week and gained its ministry approval certificate from VOSA, which makes it a fully road legal,2011 registered totally reliable and useable P50  replica.  with support from mr carter we have tried to stay as true to the original as was possible within the constraints of the MSVA test and using modern mechanicals. T he car is put together using the same principles as an original, monocoque body/subframes. the pics speak for themselves as regards interior and exterior spec so i ll go straight to the important bits. power is from a 50 cc electric start, four stroke with fully automatic transmission driving the rear wheel via chain. rear suspension is coilover shock absorber while the front is our own design,anti roll composite rubber sprung wishbone arrangement, which coupled with the near perfect weight distribution on both front wheels ,makes for a p50 that corners liike no other !! Braking is taken care of by hydraulic disc brakes on all three wheels, with the parking brake operating on the rear also. tyres are DOT approved diamond tread pattern, speed and load rated and E marked. Top speed is governed to 28mph as per VOSA REGULATIONS and is is classed as a 3 wheel moped with a weight of 160kg. Top speed is reached in around 6 seconds. We are awaiting the paperwork from DVLA with our brand new reg number and tax disc and as soon as it arrives i will post a video of it in action on the queens highways. We are set up and ready to put it into production, the body is finished in coloured gelcoat and comes in blue, red or yellow though we can supply other colours subject to availability. price is £8995, inc VAT, registration,shiny new numberplate and road tax. being a new vehicle, the reg is transferable,allowing you to put your own private plate on, and as a bonus, NO MOT FOR 3 YEARS.  it has to be the deal of the century!  Our demonstrator will be available for appraisal within the next week and you can even take it for a test drive. email me at     minimicros@yahoo.com    for further info.

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Re: road legal p50 from bambycars
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 03:21:22 AM »
Sounds even better than the original! All the best with this.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 06:29:28 AM »
That's a good effort and well done.

Have "Peel Engineering" got there petrol cars actually on the road yet?

Any plans for the Trident?     
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 08:00:20 AM »
Permission to giggle madly. I am glad I did not bother going into building my own replicas as for the effort involved it is easier to buy one of these! Someone had to do it and now they have confirming my estimation of making the investment and backing out. What price a real Peel now I wonder? I look forward to seeing the car in the flesh.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 08:13:22 AM »

a trident will be forthcoming over the next few months, and there have been a few other rare microcars that we have discussed that we would like to update and reproduce.

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 08:23:42 AM »
Permission to giggle madly. I am glad I did not bother going into building my own replicas as for the effort involved it is easier to buy one of these! Someone had to do it and now they have confirming my estimation of making the investment and backing out. What price a real Peel now I wonder? I look forward to seeing the car in the flesh.
              it has been an up hill battle from day one , with the hoops one needs to jump through and the legislation that has to be complied with to pass type approval . but here it is, SVA tested  AND road legal. getting any other replica passed now will be a doddle compared to a p50.  it will be at the nationals for definate,hopefully at a few other showws between now and then, look out for it,  it will be the one being driven, not trailored. ;D

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 09:06:51 AM »
Congrats, the car looks propper to me. Fantastic work !

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 10:10:35 AM »

a trident will be forthcoming over the next few months, and there have been a few other rare microcars that we have discussed that we would like to update and reproduce.

How about a Nobel?

Nah, it would'nt sell, just like the original ;)

Great job on the P50, keep on the great work! Looking forward to see the trident :)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »

So as of today one can go out and but a proper road legal Peel get in and drive in with petrol propulsion. I recall buying my real one for roughly the same price of one of these and actually though i was going mad.

What price a real Peel?  What price a perfect copy Picasso vs Picasso, Rothko vs Rothko, Mondrian vs Mondrian?     Well an exact in every detail toolroom copy Ferrari California is £350k vs £4m.   A Lynx D brand new tool room is 350k vs 4m.  You do the math....    

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:15:58 AM by P50 »
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 04:33:46 PM »

So as of today one can go out and but a proper road legal Peel get in and drive in with petrol propulsion. I recall buying my real one for roughly the same price of one of these and actually though i was going mad.

What price a real Peel?  What price a perfect copy Picasso vs Picasso, Rothko vs Rothko, Mondrian vs Mondrian?     Well an exact in every detail toolroom copy Ferrari California is £350k vs £4m.   A Lynx D brand new tool room is 350k vs 4m.  You do the math....    

I do not wish to as they all have copies and are to expensive to ponder even for the copy, even if I knew what three of them were. Clearly I am not a man of urban (is that correct word?) taste, nor do I frequent Goodwood etc. I prefer to have something affordable and unique. A totally differing approach maybe but one reflected by the market in every way just as the above examples might be true? I imagine you could be correct however, time will tell. I certainly would not be rushing to buy those cars likely to be copied though. Better risks elsewhere for equally bonkers machinery.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

golo2

• Chatty
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »
Is there going to be a replibamby  or as metioned recently a replirepli curcarsoreye??

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 08:52:31 PM »
Is there going to be a replibamby  or as metioned recently a replirepli curcarsoreye??
  a revamped bamby has been discussed and is a definate maybe at some point. ,  a  BAMBLICA ? :-\

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 09:56:07 PM »
 "BAMBLICA" What a lovely name. Reminds me of a Romanian Princess.  :-*
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 10:09:56 PM »
And I thought Bamby had been killed off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WungSzKum3s

A resurrection perhaps.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 08:15:23 AM »
And I thought Bamby had been killed off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WungSzKum3s

It is not just me Stuart!!!!

Bambi was killed by Thumper in the remake by Quinton Tarrentino wasn't he, Bob