Author Topic: Fuldamobil Concept!  (Read 6228 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Fuldamobil Concept!
« on: July 31, 2011, 10:42:41 AM »
Hello,

I was looking on google if there where any new Nobel photos, since I have practicly sen them all, and you msometimes come across adverts (Yes, Im a sad anorak ;) )

And this is what I came across!

http://www.carsmagz.com/edag-fuldamobil-21st-century-retro-chic/

I think it should have been a 3 wheeler, or 4 close wheels, since it looks a bit weird with the rear wheel arches poking out of the body.

What do you think?

JP
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Fuldamobil Concept!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 01:51:35 PM »
That is horrible. It looks like a cross between a Nissan Figaro and one of those new Fiat 500's while somehow conspiring to be far uglier than both. I'm sure it would appeal to the stylists from Mitsuoka although even their Tiger isn't that bad.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 09:32:09 PM »
Sorry do not get it. What is Fuldamobil about that design?
The Tiger is just nasty.
Purity of design and thought is much better than modifying a finished product. A concept lost on much of the automotive world these days as they seem unprepared to innovate in real terms. New computers and gadgets do not move the underlying technology forward from Mr Benz. It is time for a radical change in personnel transport really before the whole of the developing world buys old technology and its associated pollution. Not going to happen due to vested interests and lack of investment plus Western State legislation has removed the independent entrepreneur from the arena. No more Messerschmittesque fresh concepts, no fuel cell cars. Evan Davis is spinning propaganda etc. The fob off is Electric cars with a Government supported network of three 13 amp plugs per service area for nation wide coverage. At 70 miles a go and a queue plus 3 hours charging before the next leg that is 2 days to get from London to Liverpool and back. Marvellous modern answer to transport problems there then. So perhaps if it looks like a Fuldamobil I might overlook this?
On the other hand a real one actually can do it probably cheaper and with less pollution in real terms! What a farce.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 10:27:46 PM »
Sorry do not get it. What is Fuldamobil about that design?
The Tiger is just nasty.
Purity of design and thought is much better than modifying a finished product. A concept lost on much of the automotive world these days as they seem unprepared to innovate in real terms. New computers and gadgets do not move the underlying technology forward from Mr Benz. It is time for a radical change in personnel transport really before the whole of the developing world buys old technology and its associated pollution. Not going to happen due to vested interests and lack of investment plus Western State legislation has removed the independent entrepreneur from the arena. No more Messerschmittesque fresh concepts, no fuel cell cars. Evan Davis is spinning propaganda etc. The fob off is Electric cars with a Government supported network of three 13 amp plugs per service area for nation wide coverage. At 70 miles a go and a queue plus 3 hours charging before the next leg that is 2 days to get from London to Liverpool and back. Marvellous modern answer to transport problems there then. So perhaps if it looks like a Fuldamobil I might overlook this?
On the other hand a real one actually can do it probably cheaper and with less pollution in real terms! What a farce.

I know, electric cars are ****.

I find it is very Fulda-ish! Same rear window, same ali style on the side, ali strip between headlights, same windowline, only big difference is the rear!
Mopeds:

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »
That is horrible. It looks like a cross between a Nissan Figaro and one of those new Fiat 500's while somehow conspiring to be far uglier than both. I'm sure it would appeal to the stylists from Mitsuoka although even their Tiger isn't that bad.

Disgusting view !!!!

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 12:59:54 PM »
Wouldn't it be a good idea if the batteries in an electic car could be replaced easily at a charging (petrol) station.
Just swap the empty set for a newly charged set.
The cars would need a standard quick fit design - say 5 minutes to change a set.

The cars could be cheaper as the owner would not own the batteries, they would be leased as part of the recharge cost.

They have quick change battery packs at the IOM electric bike TT - faster change than filling with petrol.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 01:14:53 PM »
Wouldn't it be a good idea if the batteries in an electic car could be replaced easily at a charging (petrol) station.
The cars would need a standard quick fit design - say 5 minutes to change a set.

The cars could be cheaper as the owner would not own the batteries, they would be leased as part of the recharge cost.

They have quick change battery packs at the IOM electric bike TT - faster change than filling with petrol.

2 stroke engines are the best :)
Mopeds:

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 03:01:14 PM »
Just imaging the outlay in battery pack.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 03:18:00 PM »
Just taken a look at the Fulda concept car. I can see the Fulda influence at the front end, I quite like it. It has a little of the Porsche 911 at the back. Remember beauty is in the eye of the beer holder! Electric cars are great for within the bounds they are designed for, buying a G-wiz for my wife as a local run around was the best thing I ever did! I also disagree with the dialogue on that web page about the old Fulda, I found the Nobel to be a reasonable little car once sorted. Its easy to say what rubbish the handling and breaking was etc etc but the same can be said for most other micro offerings of the day.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 03:32:28 PM »
Just taken a look at the Fulda concept car. I can see the Fulda influence at the front end, I quite like it. It has a little of the Porsche 911 at the back. Remember beauty is in the eye of the beer holder! Electric cars are great for within the bounds they are designed for, buying a G-wiz for my wife as a local run around was the best thing I ever did! I also disagree with the dialogue on that web page about the old Fulda, I found the Nobel to be a reasonable little car once sorted. Its easy to say what rubbish the handling and breaking was etc etc but the same can be said for most other micro offerings of the day.

You must have a prob with your old one, the steering is great! One of the best steering micros! But yeah, the brakes should not really be called brakes!

They heat up too quick and arent effective! However, the handbrake isnt bad compared to the front ones!

JP
Mopeds:

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 03:52:54 PM »

Then why not use a fuel cell and what happens if you are given duff batteries as they only cycle so many times etc? Bit like getting into rental car rip off land. Great for the city but not a country wide answer I am afraid. A political googly of technology that is fine in its place. That is not out here in the sticks.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 03:54:09 PM »
Sorry PC crashed. Cannot see a delete option. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:57:14 PM by Big Al »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 03:55:41 PM »

You must have a prob with your old one, the steering is great! One of the best steering micros! But yeah, the brakes should not really be called brakes!

They heat up too quick and arent effective! However, the handbrake isnt bad compared to the front ones!

JP

I was only reporting my experience as it was rather amusing after the event. Goggo and Trienkel are very good.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 04:39:36 PM »
Never mentioned the word STEERING, just braking and handling. There is no real reason why the brakes couldnt have been much better, the drum size is ok, I think they got the fulcrum point wrong.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:48:31 PM by Bob Purton »

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 05:54:49 PM »
I agree that the concept car has many features of the old Fulda. Although it's not my "cup of tea" I think it's cute. On the subject of Fuldas / Nobels, I enjoy driving my Nobel very much. It's reliable, goes well, very comfy, great steering. The brakes are crap though, it wallows on cornering and you always have to be sure the doors are shut properly.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.