Author Topic: Fuldamobil Concept!  (Read 6078 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: Fuldamobil Concept!
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 06:14:55 PM »
Never mentioned the word STEERING, just braking and handling. There is no real reason why the brakes couldnt have been much better, the drum size is ok, I think they going the fulcrum point wrong.

My bad!

I guess as my dad says, the suspension is too soft, but my Nobel has harder suspension ;)

JP
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 07:53:39 AM »
Now there is a thought. Nick is quite a normal size of person. Tubsworth Twopersons is not. So without knowing the geometry it may be that my weight was depressing the suspension, weak on an unrestored car?, far enough that it was then altering the steering as it compressed further. This would therefore lead to poor steering as adding angle would lean the car and then change the angle and so on to infinity or the keep left box beyond the roundabout in my case! That said Goren Helsin is a big man and seems happy enough driving them. I recall he prefered them to Messerschmitt as his shoulders rubbed the side of the door whereas the Fulda has a lot of space inside. One of the few Micros trikes that really does.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 09:15:23 AM »
Now there is a thought. Nick is quite a normal size of person. Tubsworth Twopersons is not. So without knowing the geometry it may be that my weight was depressing the suspension, weak on an unrestored car?, far enough that it was then altering the steering as it compressed further. This would therefore lead to poor steering as adding angle would lean the car and then change the angle and so on to infinity or the keep left box beyond the roundabout in my case! That said Goren Helsin is a big man and seems happy enough driving them. I recall he prefered them to Messerschmitt as his shoulders rubbed the side of the door whereas the Fulda has a lot of space inside. One of the few Micros trikes that really does.

Whenh we went to Sweden, we actually saw Goren! We were told that there was a vintage bentley tour going on, so we went to see them, and the first car we saw was his Fuldamobil S4!

You can see the Bentleys i9n the background. I think I already posted this pic?
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi