Author Topic: wipac fuel tap/ filter  (Read 4532 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
wipac fuel tap/ filter
« on: August 08, 2011, 08:07:38 PM »
have got around to fitting a fuel tap to the Gordon ( make note in future - paint petrol tanks in fuel resistant paint !! ) unfortunately the tap consists of various components one of which is a crumbly and very leaky fibre seeling washer and also a rubber seal perished and very leaky too. alternatively does anyone have a serviceable unit to spare . again alternatively what size would the thread be into the tank , it appears to be 1/2"" but what thread would this be ? thanks pals
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: wipac fuel tap/ filter
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 08:13:45 PM »
No specific answer but I have tins of misc fibre and rubber washers bought at random when I see different sets as normally something can be made to fit. Often this is the only way. No idea on threads, so many to choose from! I have a tin of odd unions as well, you never no when one might fit.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 09:40:58 PM »
i do keep a lot of fibre washers ( and bought a selection box off ebay that fit everything ALMOST , but actually nothing  :) ) unfortunately the size is the problem. o.d. 1 1/2" and i.d. 1 1/8" so its big , its meant to seal the glass bowl but doesnt . the rubber tube is just unusual and leaks like a sieve 
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 11:40:46 PM »
If nothing else turns up, it might be worth giving these people a ring

http://www.rhnuttall.co.uk/About_us.html
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"