Author Topic: Acoma Super Comtesse  (Read 7636 times)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: Acoma Super Comtesse
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 11:57:58 AM »
Dear Bob

I did realise you were joking.

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 05:43:14 PM »
Perhaps we are missing a trick. The Museum can be funded by starting the University of Staplehurst with courses on Microcars and even post graduate studies in Comtesse. At £9k a poke and a tent in the field to rent from the research facility - good enough for Somalia etc., here are bunts to be made.  And the cars can be restored at cost.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 06:28:41 PM »
Dear Bob

Not to my two daughters you wouldn't. They went directly from Uni into good jobs and they are now earning more money than me (not difficult). Luckily they did it all just before the university fees thing took off. Looking at some of their friends who were not so lucky, they definitly did the right thing. But Uni is definitely not for everybody. I do feel sorry for the next generation of Uni students. Perhaps the universities should be financed from the Civil service pension fund? Hang on there is no fund, what we pay today goes out next week as pension payments.

What has this got to do with an Acoma Super Comtesse?

Sounds like you have a great little car in your collection Barry. Get them while you can.

I'm not suprised Chris if they are as organised and as focused as you are. It was a joke!  For my generation it was very unusual for a kid to go to university where as now you are the odd one out if you dont, not a sign of kids being brainier now but just the fact there are not a lot of jobs to be had and the government wants to keep them off the unemployed list so pushes further education even if it is things like a degree in Bob Dylan studies! Apprenticeships were alway a good thing as you got taught the job you were going to actually do!   Still nothing to do with Comtesses!! ;D ;D

Chris Thomas

And now, they want to raise Uni fees, so I will probably have to miss uni, its going crazy price now!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 08:48:17 AM »
What happens if you undertake a correspondence type degree? Has to be cheaper now doesn't it, no accomidation costs save for any formal sessions at a campus for a start. Yet with interactive websites possibly more effective than they used to be with the advantage that you could hold a job and/or do the course at your own pace. I would have a darned good look at this before running up a huge debt if I were in that position. However listening to a load of ex Cheltenham Ladies last night, OK, so I am still allowed to frequent top notch places, I think the lifestyle of university has a great deal to do with why it is deemed you should go. This perhaps taking presidence over the actually content and use of the qualification to be obtained! The fascinating thing was that these well heeled youngsters still insisted on using some form of street talk mixed with Deb speak and exhibited sheer horror of 'factory work' when several admitted working to get some cash in or some unfortunate not present was lambasted for such a sin. 'Factory Work' meant industry not just the production line. Good to see our 'best' schools are still producing the upper classes ready to man the banking and legal sectors with a degree in communications or similarly apt expertise. They will get more of the jobs as they are trained to make the right noises at interview and know the right peeps. I am liking the correspondence degree option more already.....
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs