Author Topic: Request  (Read 3182 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Request
« on: August 24, 2011, 04:46:32 PM »
Hello,

Sadly, I will be missing the NMCR...

We had a problem with a car we where restoring, so we can only deliver it to the owner about a couple of weeks later, so we will be in England then.
It messes me up quite a bit too, since I was going to pick up my new Nobel rear screen, and also a spare rear engine frame so my dad can make a 4 wheeler conversion on his.

Is anyone going to make a video of this years rally? It would be great if it was on youtube.

Also, if there is an original condition Nobel (Yes, I had to talk about Nobels!), could someone please take a load of photos for me? Well, I guess photos of any Nobel would be good, since I have photos of all the Nobels I know of on my website ( http://www.nobel200.com/your-nobel.html ).

Anything for my site to be better would help!

Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Request
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 10:16:51 AM »
Don't know if it qualifies, but you might be interested in this photo which I posted on the board last year. Ignore the electric car in the foreground and have a look at the Nobel looking red and blue cars behind. The photo appeared on several blog sites, but at the time I couldn't find another that showed a full picture of the cars in the background.

http://www.dhdd888.cn/athena/offerdetail/bigviewpic/919758342-2.html

http://iask.sina.com.cn/b/17868000.html
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
Don't know if it qualifies, but you might be interested in this photo which I posted on the board last year. Ignore the electric car in the foreground and have a look at the Nobel looking red and blue cars behind. The photo appeared on several blog sites, but at the time I couldn't find another that showed a full picture of the cars in the background.

http://www.dhdd888.cn/athena/offerdetail/bigviewpic/919758342-2.html

http://iask.sina.com.cn/b/17868000.html

Well, that is very unusual!

Looking closely, only the front ressembles the Nobel. Im sure if you saw a full photo you woud agree.

I enlarged it, cropped it and made a box so you can see what I mean. Seems to be a pickup, and not as micro...
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 09:50:21 AM »
Hello,

Sadly, I will be missing the NMCR...

We had a problem with a car we where restoring, so we can only deliver it to the owner about a couple of weeks later, so we will be in England then.
It messes me up quite a bit too, since I was going to pick up my new Nobel rear screen, and also a spare rear engine frame so my dad can make a 4 wheeler conversion on his.

Your Dad conveyed the bad news to me by phone yesterday.  Sorry to hear it.  Hope you get all your stuff.  Speaking of which-
Are new rear screens now available for Nobels?  If so, how much and where do I send the funds?
In one of mine the rear screen seems too small.  I say this because you cannot wash the car without drenching the rear of the parcel shelf.  As a matter of fact, I can actually see daylight coming through between the surrounding weatherstripping and the original opening in the bodyshell in this other wise well restored example.  Any words of wisdom to add here?
Steve

Is anyone going to make a video of this years rally? It would be great if it was on youtube.

Also, if there is an original condition Nobel (Yes, I had to talk about Nobels!), could someone please take a load of photos for me? Well, I guess photos of any Nobel would be good, since I have photos of all the Nobels I know of on my website ( http://www.nobel200.com/your-nobel.html ).

Anything for my site to be better would help!

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 09:58:57 AM »
The third paragraph of what appears as the quote in the last reply is my actual comment.
I tried to straighten this out by reporting it to the moderator, but was promptly informed that reporting my own post doesn't make any sence!
So now there are at least two of us deserving of this commentary.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 01:27:28 PM »
were the windows individually matched to each body ? reminds me of my trojan days . many had that same problem - bought another at a jumble didn't fit any better , sold at a jumble and so on, often ending up rebuying the same one some years later  :) some even went so far as to scratch their initials in a corner so they never bought the same one again !!  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 08:49:05 AM »
  There is a problem with Treinkel restorers who want second hand screens. They get most excited when I say I have a selection of screens and ask me to send them the best ones. The answer to which is I do not know which are the best ones as I am not fitting them, put the car on a trailer and bring it down and we can select the best of the bunch. Also screens are not ideal postage items so P & P is disproportionally expensive. This only a few people have ever done. Quite probably a good proportion do not believe the wide variation in screen dimensions. If so they rarely trouble to get back in touch on finding I was not fibbing. Begs the question as to if this is a reason for projects getting passed on. Sometimes a request that I take a car full of screens to a rally/their address is made. Not interested unless it fits in with what I would be doing anyway as it is a lot of effort for minimal return and does not do the screens much good. Occasionally I get paper templates in the post, a flat version of a curved thing does not accurately describe it but I will go along with it if I can match it. Most of the time it fails as the template is incorrect but of course that is always my fault even when I have taped the customers template to the screen proving it to qualify as a match as requested. It is pretty impossible to sell a well matched screen without car and screen in the same place.
  I noticed eBay occasionally sells sets of screens and have passed a few complete sets of 8 screens through for what I thought were very satisfactory price at the time - £120 of so. So clearly most restorers prefer buying blindly in their quest to save money rather than come to me, when I was trading, with their car for a fitting at £15 a big side screen and so forth. I still think, unless you live North or in Cornwall, it was cheapest and most efficient to visit the emporium. Now I am not trading I am reluctant to allow people near my stash as stuff is ever more attractive to nick as values increase.
Of those that popped down we were able to solve other problems of missing bits or information at the same time. Well worth the time and chums were made and better restorations created. I sometimes do not understand folks motivations or economics. That said the 100 odd screens remain a viable resource that could do with distribution so maybe I might make some more sets of 8 screens up to sell off wholesale. It is not near the top of the list of 'things to do' though.
  It should be noted the HTC Ltd can supply new side and rear windows. I do not know what volume of sales they have but clearly as values increase, the restoration quality can increase and thus the budget can be available to buy new. It is expensive and a lot of work to fit them and second hand screens still have a market for the low budget re builder. It remains his problem to source screens that fit or collect a stack of cheap ones that do not till he is lucky.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 11:09:04 AM »
i would like to say you summed it all up succinctly  - but cant  :D actually you have, i can imagine everyone thinks its the screen thats wrong and not the car .
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977