Author Topic: cheshire micro car rally  (Read 4391 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
cheshire micro car rally
« on: August 26, 2011, 08:52:06 PM »
hoping for the best weekend weather for the rally at clive and andrea steggels farm this weekend. the event is actually organised by dave pickering , and wife sorry forgot name- nice girl ,

highlight for me will be the airing of the steggel families Bond collection - over 20 including minibikes, scooters,minicars A -G , four wheelers triumph based, power skis and trailer tents - what a site ! all based on minimalism of engine and materials
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: cheshire micro car rally
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 09:04:16 PM »
That would be Mrs Pickering, Richard. A bit of a well kept secret from down here. Weather sounds a bit grim but hopefully it will be a good event. Good area for a National.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 10:45:43 AM »
Dear Richard

I would be very interested in an article for Rumcar News with lots of good pictures about this Bond collection and the rally. Do you feel up to the job?

Do what you can and have a good day.

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 02:07:28 PM »
will see what i can do . going monday as the weather at present is appalling  :(
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 09:33:04 AM »
Better than New York!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 04:33:04 PM »
you wouldnt believe it ! very embarrassing - i missed it ! well nearly

weather rubbish all weekend and clive told me that monday was show day with various silly games. due to a major hold up on m56 on the way there i got there at 1pm and found that some had gone and all were trailered up . had a quick chat with several Bond owners that i know , had a chat and cuppa with clive and andrea , agreed to meet up with everyone next weekend at The National and came away . nice to see them though .

turns out they had a great run to Buxton and the Cat And Fiddle pub yesterday  and great fun and games this morning - it was just me that got the timing wrong.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 07:56:37 AM »
Yep, it is like a car boot. Need to be there for before 6 am or its all over before you have had a cup of tea these days. Over time the event creeps forward and many have Thursday outings. Another dacade it will be arrive Wed and go home Sat evening after watching the Vincent Price movie on telly. Then again as my mate suggested the run outs will be to the local cemetery/crematorium to visit or plant a few local owners before fighting over the remains of their stash in the evening! Hmm, bit close to the truth there.