Author Topic: What is a Microcar  (Read 9156 times)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: What is a Microcar
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 04:06:58 PM »
Er,     KFC, McD, CAFE NERD, Starbucks, Subway, PC World, Currys, Apple Store, Asda, Boots, WHSmith, and all the other US companies and former British companies now under foreign ownership !
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 11:36:56 PM »
My personal variant of this discussion is that 10 years ago I had a motorcycle (Honda Gold Wing) used for long distance commuting that had 6 cylinders and 1800cc.  It gets right cold in winter 'oop 'ere in the far north, so I had a winter car too - a Daewoo Matiz that had 3 cylinders and 900cc. The perfect symmetry always pleased me.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 07:32:11 AM »
A family of 5 used to visit our yard on a Goldwing with modified forks and a huge side car. Beautifully customised in metallic wine bottle green paint, but it was about the size of a big executive car!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 07:40:53 AM »
If you are making it yourself, then it will be unique, and therefore "Unusual" so you might be able to register it with RUM!

Our local Woolies is now a Tesco local. we already have 3 huge Tescos and at least one Tesco local within a mile of us

They are working on Tesco taking on the Isle of Wight as a huge retail outlet staffed by prisoners maniculed to the gondolas. Tesco continue to extract additional profits to Isreal and the Government stimulates turnover claiming it is profit and 'good for our economy'. I'll go for the pound shop. It claims nothing other than it sells crap. However all this is macro talk, we still have a corner shop, the Microcar of the retail world.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 07:44:10 AM »
Er,     KFC, McD, CAFE NERD, Starbucks, Subway, PC World, Currys, Apple Store, Asda, Boots, WHSmith, and all the other US companies and former British companies now under foreign ownership !

Why isn't Curry's Bangladeshi?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs