Author Topic: Mart, Event + Discussion  (Read 9255 times)

golo2

• Chatty
Mart, Event + Discussion
« on: August 31, 2011, 08:31:10 PM »
Not sure where to post this!
I plan to bring Cursor No2 to the National (event?) also offer it for sale (mart?) it is not as poorly as when purchased body stabilised and steering/chassis overhauled, body top has had stainless attaching bolts fitted and front suspension rebuilt to original spec. it rolls now -along a horizontal plane.
Still lots to do. Have old log book and original bill of sale  thnk an 80 is fitted but also a 50 with it.
Hard top and soft top-apparently unusual to find either

So any interest? can deliver on route home to Oxford.(if paid for) someone suggested 1K it goes at that but will consider swops for Drascombe boat or two decent sit on kayaks ??? or offers.  One project too many. (Mentioned before on this forum)
Please spread the word (discussion points?)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Mart, Event + Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 08:14:53 AM »
I have two kayaks with some equipment like dry suit - doesn't fit me (I use a Pilot whale pelt I found on the beach). These store well on their duffle pegged tags in the roof of the garage/shed and are about 12 foot long from memory. They are sea worthy but never done it as I am well wobbly with low freeboard. I am on route. Sadly the kayaks are not having been chucked in Bassinthwaite Water etc over the last 10 years, so they are oop t'North. You know where I am if you want to have speaks. If you had not to take the Cursur then you could take your Bamby as it sounds like at least two others might be there.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

golo2

• Chatty
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 05:59:46 PM »
Hi, as always good to hear from you. Regarding Bamby I suggested a Bamby effort at the National but was not considered OK for this year. Maybe next??
After the welcome last year with my newly restored schmitt I have vowed never to take it again. I think a cow pat on a stick would have generated more interest and communication. The Isetta row was buzzy with lots of folk all chatting and introducing themselves. Also Frisky corner (no not the ladies sectiopn  non pc but don't care.) I have had plenty of time to refect on why do I go???? The local shows are good for a mostly free day out and risking meting the public at large!!  the no reverse gear experts -along with May and Clarksole-
The National was good for spares and advice and what is now trendily called  networking (used to be meeting ppeople did'nt it?)
Have too many Isetta spares and unless I sort the tiresome schmitt unlikely to need spares. Getting too old for networking/have adequate network already. So guess it is to support something but not sure what.

So reason for taking Cursor is to take a car that can be freely critised, insulted, ridiculed even scorned should anyone wish to speak. Rather than be one of an endless clone row of cars that experts will find fault with (those side windows are .0007 too thick, they did not have such and such as original etc etc etc Whose car is it anyway??
Not a wonder new folk are in short supply. Unles it rains I'll be there on Sunday and if Cursor sells before will bring Bamby

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 07:28:40 PM »
Your not alone in this I am afraid. Do not know what the answer is other then get it together locally. I am failing even to do that at the moment. Once I have Bazzer sorted we can get your Schmitt sorted out and try and get Marc going too. I think Nick is up for some fun in the sun if 'shifts' or whatever surgery consultants have allow but it is all looking like next year really. Once the car is running and there are chums to play with then the rally is the crock of gold at the end of chasing the rainbow and the trip up and back is more fun than the event in a way. Also having a runner reinforces your credentials and you have tales of daring do to tell in defence! Keep the faith.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Kabine

• Occasional
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 08:05:57 PM »
From what I hear you do not even have to turn up at a meeting to  have your car appraised ;D Makes me laugh to hear what they have been saying. Agree with the increasing lack of time, its sometime just nice to meet and deal with friends.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »
Are we perhaps being a little too sensative? What do I know, I'm always away on holiday during the National!  " HAVE TOO MANY ISETTA SPARES?"
 I would dearly like to buy a good one piece front wheel for my Isetta, do you have anything please?  Cheers, Bob

golo2

• Chatty
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 10:49:34 PM »
still looking for steering bits!! and fairly sure there are no wheels
Lots of gearboxes (gearbi??) steering wheels, dynastarts, dashboards etc etc and full glass sets

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 07:54:42 AM »
Are we perhaps being a little too sensative? What do I know, I'm always away on holiday during the National!  " HAVE TOO MANY ISETTA SPARES?"
 I would dearly like to buy a good one piece front wheel for my Isetta, do you have anything please?  Cheers, Bob

I might have found an Isetta wheel. I just need to check it is not the one for my Watsonian Mk2 Bambini RAC sidecar. Well you got to have one without a bike just in case something breaks down I guess! Next prob, cannot remember where I put the sidecar attachment and hub to check if it is this or a Mini wheel. Why have I got all this stuff? Yet I still contemplate more while attempting to get shot of things I no longer want. The only cure is marriage, trouble is might go Mormon and have to many of them plus some bits! Naaargh!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 07:56:16 AM by Big Al »

wilksie

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 01:21:46 PM »
Your not alone in this I am afraid. Do not know what the answer is other then get it together locally. I am failing even to do that at the moment. Once I have Bazzer sorted we can get your Schmitt sorted out and try and get Marc going too. I think Nick is up for some fun in the sun if 'shifts' or whatever surgery consultants have allow but it is all looking like next year really. Once the car is running and there are chums to play with then the rally is the crock of gold at the end of chasing the rainbow and the trip up and back is more fun than the event in a way. Also having a runner reinforces your credentials and you have tales of daring do to tell in defence! Keep the faith.

I'll most definitely make the effort but must be on my way now. I haven't had confirmation of transport for two Lollies tomorrow. Urrggh.
Lloyd LP400
"If you are mad, this is your car."

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 05:19:09 PM »
Are we perhaps being a little too sensative? What do I know, I'm always away on holiday during the National!  " HAVE TOO MANY ISETTA SPARES?"
 I would dearly like to buy a good one piece front wheel for my Isetta, do you have anything please?  Cheers, Bob

I might have found an Isetta wheel. I just need to check it is not the one for my Watsonian Mk2 Bambini RAC sidecar. Well you got to have one without a bike just in case something breaks down I guess! Next prob, cannot remember where I put the sidecar attachment and hub to check if it is this or a Mini wheel. Why have I got all this stuff? Yet I still contemplate more while attempting to get shot of things I no longer want. The only cure is marriage, trouble is might go Mormon and have to many of them plus some bits! Naaargh!

Hi Al. Let me know. Not about your conversion to Mormonism or imminent polygamous marriages but if its an Isetta wheel or not. I could measure the PDC for you but have just tucked Thumper away in the lock up. Not before I cured its non idling prob, turned out the choke plunger had lost its tip, had the same thing when I had the schmitt so should have guessed earlier!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 09:06:52 PM »
still looking for steering bits!! and fairly sure there are no wheels
Lots of gearboxes (gearbi??) steering wheels, dynastarts, dashboards etc etc and full glass sets

Hi Ian. I forgot you were golo2!  Now I have the falcon radials fitted the steering issues have faded away but do need a wheel as one of my front ones has a slight wobble. I may need one of your steering wheels for a project I'm working on. Will be in touch. Cheers, Bob

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 08:53:31 AM »
HI Bob, sure you do not want a Trojan one on its column..... it is the new accepted root to solve a common problem on a well trod project as it is long enough! I pulled Roots apart for him and it awaits the angle grinder.

Oh its an Isetta wheel OK. I am sure Watsonian used Mini wheels once they were available but this sidecar is an unusual one and I need to be sure. It is even possible the wheel came with the sidecar but is incorrect and I have to rediscover the fact. Its called age. The British Isetta wheel is a bit of an oddity but the stud pattern is a standard one even if the thread size is 'to big'. I believe there are still trailers using it and of course Schmitts use it but with much narrower diameter studs. So you could happily have an 8 inch wheeled Isetta so as to upset your back and create traffic jams (Isetta drum just fits inside a schmitt wheel and is part of an excepted way to hydraulic brakes for KR200)

golo2

• Chatty
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 08:02:39 PM »
Mart-still for sale (two firm offers, one swap proposed, one thinking , one person to e mail so no nearer!)
Event-National --great organisation, lucky sunshine, met lots of old friends , sorted schmitt points (they were faulty) and given a clue about cutting out-has my petrol cap got an airhole??-no idea will look Monday. The Cursor attracted lots of interest and people spoke to me so plan B worked well. A great day out and thanks to all who do the hard work setting up and running it.
Example--as I was eating my cold bacon sandwich in my tow car (daughter made it felt obliged to eat it) two marshalls came over I wondered what I had done BUT they had come to see if I needed to leave and would have put a call over the Tannoy to arrange movment of cars in the way. Not needed but great observation of a possible issue.
Also good to be near the RUM cars gazebo  and priveliged to be next to the Allard clipper -Cursor and Clipper both eccentric and unusable in their time!
Discussion??  anyone else like the National this year?

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 09:24:40 PM »
was the record broken??
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

golo2

• Chatty
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 08:20:22 PM »
No, by about 40 cars but recount in progress