Author Topic: Anyone else like the National this year?  (Read 15778 times)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: Anyone else like the National this year?
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 09:04:43 AM »
Dear Stuart

An alternative caption for your photo

"I was expecting Darth Vader to be a bit more muscular"

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 09:16:02 AM »
yes al but actually wynford did set a target of 100 cars THIS YEAR !

Yes indeed. Based on the Ray Simpson oft quoted figure and to get people to realise that if you do not use it, you lose it. As I reported the result was a better support for the event even if the total of cars attending seem little different. It felt a better event too. Siccess is not just a numbers game. The event can go ahead next year. If he had not made the statement I fear we would be mourning the fact that the Bath was dead. I would be the first to agree that the problem is what happens in 2013 but to get to that you first must have an event in 2012. The idea of an event every other year is not even on the table as it is extra work to organise and there would not be an organiser. Bleak facts but there we are.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 09:30:32 AM »

Let's try another photo from prize giving. Caption time for Saint Grant's expression

'Controversy at National Rally when Derry based Catholic Patrick O'Bubbly, 31, refuses top concours trophy over ribbon decoration'
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs