Author Topic: What Ho! A spiffing Good Video from Pathe  (Read 12304 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: What Ho! A spiffing Good Video from Pathe
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »
The FMR Kart was a great find and includes modified bits of KR200 and Tiger. It ran on one or two ILO engines as was the practice in the early days. The big problem Wynford had was to find the correct transfer casing and gearing for the units so as to have a matched set. The strange thing about the finding of the Kart was that many Schmitters saw it but assumed it was home made. It was only on consulting Heiner Plake (spelling) that we were convinced it should be bought. Later the word went out and Hieko made a very serious attempt to buy the Kart but Wynford is a serious FMR/Sachs collector too so no deal was done between the two of them. I still await the Tro-Kart / FMR Kart showdown. I have a Progress Kart but I have never worked out if this is linked to the micro/scooter Progress sources.

I have a Messerschmitt RSM kart, still being resotred. My dad also has a weird FMR mower. I will have to send photos one ofn these days... Wonder if they can also be RUM'ed, since there not road legal and where never built for it.

JP
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 06:53:47 PM »
Jonathan, I can see no reason why your vehicles cannot be Rum'd as you put it.  They may not be road legal but they are of sufficiently rare and of interest to make an exception I feel.  After all we have a motorised wheelbarrow and a drum car on the Register! Send the details to Alastair with some decent pictures.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 12:36:07 PM »
This is not Pathe and not about microcars but is still of interest

http://www.dump.com/2011/07/15/fascinating-1936-footage-of-car-assembly-line-video/

Note the man belting each chassis twice with his hammer

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 04:43:00 PM »
That's fascinating Chris. Have a look at this one though on the Model T ford, note how they made the wooden spoke wheels and at the end see what rough terrain the car could handle. Amazing! It also dispels some rubbish that both Steven Fry and Clarkson spouted recently on TV [QI] about the old saying" Any colour so long as its black". Fry claims Henry never said it [not what his autobiography says] and Clarkson said that black wasn't even an option, on this early film they Are ALL black!

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=S4KrIMZpwCY
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 05:27:48 PM by Bob Purton »

mharrell

• Quite Chatty
    • An Accumulation
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 06:53:03 PM »
Note the man belting each chassis twice with his hammer

Among my other vices I own a disassembled Ford Skyliner.  To achieve clearance for the retracted top, the rear wheel wells were bashed into shape by a guy on the assembly line wielding a big hammer.  The results look like this after being covered with a pad for cushioning:

More than one overenthusiastic restorer has carefully straightened the dents, only later to find it necessary to crawl into the trunk with a big hammer....
197? Lyman Electric Quad (two), 1978 KV Mini 1, 1980 KV Mini 1, 1981 HMV Freeway

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 09:04:46 AM »
Similar to the Goggo Dart. It has a crease on the rear bulkhead applied by a special hammer to allow clearance. Several Darts have been carefully restored without this dent and at least one had the expensive repair re-dented to match the original on finding out it was incorrect. Not all Goggo floorpans are the same!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 12:13:55 AM »
Ok, so the last time I saw this one I thought it was being driven around a Greek isle, alas only Jersey. Berkeley J15552 where are you now? Appears 5.10-6.04

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=81930

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 09:48:47 AM »
great bit of film . wish could find one of my cars on film - though i do have that bit of gordon on movietone where the car appears to take off over bumpy ground .no idea how to post it on here though :-[
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 10:39:39 AM »
THere is a Gordon parked in a street scene of a British Elstree movie but I am afraid I do not recall which one.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »
has everyone seen this pathe bit   http://wn.com/Br%C3%BCtsch very short on tg500 and mopetta

WOOPS JUST SEEN DrewS POSTED IT AT THE BEGINNING _ must stop drinking :P
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 05:14:16 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 05:54:24 PM »
has everyone seen this pathe bit   http://wn.com/Br%C3%BCtsch very short on tg500 and mopetta

WOOPS JUST SEEN DrewS POSTED IT AT THE BEGINNING _ must stop drinking :P

I always get told to think befroe I say something... Somehow, I never do, and I don't seem to be the only one ;)
Mopeds:

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 08:27:35 PM »
I got sent a link to the new MovieTone website today

http://www.movietone.com

Not sure if it has any videos that weren't on the Pathe site, but it does have the one of the Bond Mark C and Gordon(only three farthings a mile)  from the 1954 Cycle and Motor-Cycle show at Earls Court.

I can't post a direct link as it comes up as a javascript pop-up
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 08:41:51 PM »
I got sent a link to the new MovieTone website today

http://www.movietone.com

Not sure if it has any videos that weren't on the Pathe site, but it does have the one of the Bond Mark C and Gordon(only three farthings a mile)  from the 1954 Cycle and Motor-Cycle show at Earls Court.

I can't post a direct link as it comes up as a javascript pop-up

Site doesnt work over here.
Mopeds: