Author Topic: Ugh!  (Read 4569 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Ugh!
« on: September 09, 2011, 01:16:33 PM »
Look at this... I find old micros a lot nicer than new electric "cars".

http://www.bmw-i.co.uk/en_gb/bmw-i3/

People should use micro style cars if they want an economical runaround vehicule! People can make better, more economical engines, 2 stroke, not electric. They look better too!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Ugh!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 01:37:55 PM »
Yet another concept car which will never be made. I wish the car industry would stop making those silly things. Either PRODUCE the car or don't even bother us with the CGI !
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 03:15:24 PM »
Yet another concept car which will never be made. I wish the car industry would stop making those silly things. Either PRODUCE the car or don't even bother us with the CGI !

Yep, just like the Toyota IQ...

This is a review I found of it:

Do you want to save the planet? But you don't want to buy a Smart? Here's your lucky break! The iQ! As you can see it's....nothing...like...a Smart. Okay, yes it is very much alike! This car was released in Japan in 2008 by Toyota but won't reach American shores until 2011, most likely sold under the 'Scion' brand name. Go green with small cars people! Aw...who am I kidding?! Buy the biggest, most powerful, gas-guzzling behemoth you can find! Yeah.
Mopeds:

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 09:36:29 AM »
Lets pretend battery cars are green and we are doing something to save the planet. Meantime we can continue making what we made before so it falls apart despite allegedly being greener and make lots of dosh. Its all rubbish I am afraid. Very little new technology out there as it is all being sat on by interested parties who snuff out innovation and stash patents. The green option is to drive a well designed efficient car and look after it very well so it covers 300,000 miles or more. Trouble is minimal tax, profit or propaganda value in that.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 03:46:02 PM »
HI all. I'm back from my hols in Yorkshire. I have to agree with Al on this. The only greenish bit is if you were live in a town where all the cars were battery as you would be free from nasty localised co2 that is especially harmful to young children. The co2 is still generated by a power station else where but it would not pollute the streets where we live.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 04:39:22 PM »
HI all. I'm back from my hols in Yorkshire. I have to agree with Al on this. The only greenish bit is if you were live in a town where all the cars were battery as you would be free from nasty localised co2 that is especially harmful to young children. The co2 is still generated by a power station else where but it would not pollute the streets where we live.

Move to South West France ;)
Mopeds:

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 06:24:15 PM »
Quote from: Jonathan Poll link=topic=2932.msg18295#msg18295 date=1315669162

[/quote

Why would you want all the riff raff down there blocking the roads up? Makes sense individually if you can afford it or have income to take with you of course.
Of course France has a very high ratio of Nuclear Power stations and access to cheap electricity. All the posturing of the anti nuke lot did for Britain in the 60's and 70's was kill our lead in nuclear technology and send us to where we are now with a row of Nuclear facilities on the opposite side of the channel out of our control and from whom we buy cheap electricity to pump water up hills at night to fry your breakfasts without power failures. Minimal nuclear industry and thus exports or infrastructure under our control so a major expense either way to use these facilities. In the meantime we burned all the handy gas in power stations and sit on our coal pretending wind power will answer all our problems. Not exactly a sensible way about doing things really.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 06:59:07 PM »
Quote from: Jonathan Poll link=topic=2932.msg18295#msg18295 date=1315669162

[/quote

Why would you want all the riff raff down there blocking the roads up? Makes sense individually if you can afford it or have income to take with you of course.
Of course France has a very high ratio of Nuclear Power stations and access to cheap electricity. All the posturing of the anti nuke lot did for Britain in the 60's and 70's was kill our lead in nuclear technology and send us to where we are now with a row of Nuclear facilities on the opposite side of the channel out of our control and from whom we buy cheap electricity to pump water up hills at night to fry your breakfasts without power failures. Minimal nuclear industry and thus exports or infrastructure under our control so a major expense either way to use these facilities. In the meantime we burned all the handy gas in power stations and sit on our coal pretending wind power will answer all our problems. Not exactly a sensible way about doing things really.

Well, plenty of micros left to find! There was a schmitt dealer 60km from our house!

Otherwise, a Vespa 400 near our nhouse, 10 mins away.

What else? Ill keep you posted on thwe forum ;)
Mopeds: