Author Topic: Autumn 2011 Beaulieu  (Read 4756 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Autumn 2011 Beaulieu
« on: September 19, 2011, 05:06:14 PM »
not a mention anywhere on the largest European autojumble of them all ? wheres the interest ?

is everyone nowadays only interested in buying their parts as reproductions or restoring not UNUSUAL microcars ?

i am just having my bi-annual rant  ;D PARTS BOUGHT LAST WEEK AT BEAULIEU- that i know of :

PEEL BACK LIGHTS 3 OF - TWO MINT,  ONE VERY VERY GOOD  
PEEL FRONT SIDELIGHTS - COMPLETE three of
SCOOTACAR REAR LIGHTS , TWO PAIRS MINT
GORDON BACKLIGHTS - UNSEEN BEFORE BUT TWO ODDS one fairly good , one poor lens but complete
L.E.P. WIPER MOTOR 6V BOND C , GORDON ETC.
as well as a mirror stem 1940's for 1949 Bond , mirror glass for same , two Tudor washer pumps - nice accessory parts that are now essential and loads of other bits and pieces as usual .

is no-one interested in finding these parts other than me and g-o-g-g-o ?
two
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:11:38 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Autumn 2011 Beaulieu
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 08:30:30 PM »
Not for the attendance price of £45 to walk through the gate for a day for me, unfortunately no. And I am closer than a lot of folks and with cheaper transport. But then I have not really the demand for enough odd British stuff to spread the cost of attending over what I might purchase. Easier to pay a mark up and stay at home if I am in need as those that jumble have about 10 sets spare each it seems. Economic reality and nothing to do with my own feelings on the Beaulieu organisers (raspberry). So I have not done a Newark for two years either. Again I am told the depth and quality of stands has dropped there as well.
I only know of two persons who went to Beaulieu from my contacts. One of those reported it was a waste of time as much of what he would have bought the traders had left at home! The other stuff he came across was too expensive or in pre-buggered condition. Now this is a guy who has a lot of differing types of cars and a wallet open for buying the right stuff. I fear the event has had its day and is morphing into something else.
Goodwood on the other hand was full with no tickets available days prior to the event. This has replaced Beaulieu as the close of season social scene for the classic car owner. I know a lot of people who went to that and also several 'stands' that used to be a fixture at Beaulieu which are now private garden parties at Goodwood for the same reason. To entertain and obtain orders from the classic racing and eventing fraternity. So clearly they are all there as well. Without the social element having a stand at Beaulieu that event becomes more of a task and less of an enjoyable get together. Now if Goodwood were to attach an autojumble........
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 08:58:33 PM »
the prices paid for the whole lot of the above were less than £ 60 for the lot !!!!
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 09:11:11 PM »
Fantastic. All the better for the lack of opposition. A worthwhile mission and 'holiday' as I know you are happy with being there with Mike anyway.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 04:11:27 PM »
Hi All
        Just to reiterate what Richard said - this year there was more Bubblecar Microcar parts to be found I as always was looking round when not helping people at my stall - I found a whole batch of Microcar items some I need and some to put on my stand for next year. The best buy for me was an original chome badge made in the late 50's for the Heinkel Cabin Owners Club - we has varios people asking us were the Isetta club still selling spares?? I did not know the answer to that question so I refer then to David Tadman at Bromley Bubble - and we had one German chap who was asking us to locate a Brutch Mopetta because he had heard that some were impotted into this country in the mid 50's - from what I can gather he is buildeng a replica in Germany.
   You see what with E-Bay putting up the fees more and more dealers are relieing on the Autojumble to sell their parts - and Myself and Richard reaped the rewards at this years Beaulieu.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 05:26:35 PM »
I was only there for Saturday this year, so hurried round the whole thing, but still found 4x set of Wipac dash lights for a split body Frisky Sport, though many people were saying the same thing about the Beaulieu jumble just gone, as being the busiest in a long time, most likely due to eBay merging Classic Car parts with the general car parts category, see my rant here: http://www.rumcars.org/forum/index.php?topic=2927.0 I popped in to do my usual hello/gloat but the pair of you were in the midst of a feeding frenzy!  ;D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 05:50:05 PM »
hi blob sorry we missed you. cannot for one minute imagine that autojumble stalls had dragged out more boxes of unidentifiable stuff as a result of ebay changes.

i must have been missing things on ebay for years as i never knew there was a classic car section and i have no idea how it was accessed. guess i wouldn't be the only twit - would I ?  :-\ so praps it wont bother everybody

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 06:07:41 PM »
I don't think it was the increase of boxes but more the increase of punters, I usually get to Beaulieu early enough so as not to be parked miles away from the gate, however no matter how early I got there this time, I was still miles away from the gate. I heard the same thing mentioned by others leaving the car park, so could it be meer coincidence or did some other factor make people get back to autojumbling!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 08:03:33 PM »
Might be that the traders have to pay to park there cars in the traders carpark now or if free they are put over a mile from the main gate . The main trade gate, 24 hour access, is nigh on two miles distant on the other side of the venue. No use if you are sleeping in your remote freely parked car/tent/van as how do you get to and from? A crafty way of insuring getting traders to fork out for car parking. The side trade gate next to the main gate is open in the day before the main gate and is where the venue support vehicles exit and enter. The very site of my carrying 7 security guards with a dog 50 yards on my back as they decided it wasn't open when it should, contractually, have been. If the arrangements are the same then the nearest free carpark for traders is actually the public one. Indeed you can go to the far corner, through the hedge and down to the top trade entrance passed the best (least used) bogs on the premises. So that might be the reason the carpark is always now full as the trade might have all found the latest dodge we identified ages ago for getting extra bods on the stand when the trade carpark was full and busy entering/exiting. There is a bus service round the carparks so you do not have to walk but that ceases with the public going home.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 09:19:34 PM »
Did someone say ebay charges have gone up? Which ones, I had not noticed?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 08:15:07 PM »
nice to have it confirmed , on sunday at the nec classic car show , that the two mint pairs of scootacar back lights are correct and not just " will do " - even more pleased with them !

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 08:19:55 AM »
Get them on a scoot pronto!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 09:07:03 PM »
therein lies the problem no scoot ! will have to put them on ebay  ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 09:24:47 AM »
therein lies the problem no scoot ! will have to put them on ebay  ;)

Wrong answer! Buy a Scootacar with its sophisticated suspension. I recommend the Mk1 as the back rest is ideal for a man with a bad back being as it is, a table tennis bat! Happy to have a deal on a set of rear lights of eBay. Yet to find out if the ones fitted to mine are original fitting but a hand in bird is worth, well it was something like that anyway.