Author Topic: RUMCAR NEWS 110  (Read 7772 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
RUMCAR NEWS 110
« on: September 20, 2011, 12:40:27 PM »
Hello everybody,  RCN110 is in the post Chris and I hope you enjoy reading it.

For those of you who have never subscribed or not renewed for this year you don't know what you are missing.  There is still time to get the three issues already published this year as well as the Winter edition which should be with you before Christmas.  You can pay by PayPal from the web site or send me a cheque after downing loading a subscription form.  Don't miss out on the best and most comprehensive microcar magazine published in Great Britain we cover all the usual and unusual microcars, plus some very rare ones as well as the modern offerings.  There are regular pages for Peel, Nobel, Goggomobil, Frisky and A C Petite owners and much more besides.

DON'T DELAY JOIN US TODAY                                                        Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
Re: RUMCAR NEWS 110
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 10:36:12 PM »
For some bizarre reason issue 110 arrived in Scotland at 8.00am this morning  :o.  Never before have I ever received my copy this quickly. Another brilliant issue as expected with something for everyone.  Great periods front cover picture Chris.  The following Powerdrive feature is brilliant and I fear I will have to put pen to paper and write a follow up saga of my very original 7K from new Powerdrive and the ex. Groomfondle/ex. Dave Hambelton Powerdrive that I acquired back in 2004 to help with the restoration of Ivan Robinsons example which had some of the aluminium body stolen for scrap.
Have read through it before I went to work. Nipped home at 10 to read more and had finished it off at lunchtime.  Notable articles are Lord Cyphus's Messerschmitt 175 write up, young Jamie's on going restoration of the Reliant Melford road sweeper, review of the NMCR and Rumcars openday not to mention all the Register pages.

Keep up the good work.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 10:11:20 AM »
wheres mine  :'(
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 11:32:29 AM »
Got mine as well today. Very fast transport indeed  ;)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 11:48:23 AM »
Got mine too. Looks like a good un! Was there a problem with the printer though on the Rumcars open day pictures? ;D ;D  Sorry Chris, couldnt resist. I know it was an attempt at an Edwardian style report with sepia pics. It didnt work for me. Congrats on another superb issue though. I will devour it tonight.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 03:06:39 PM »
wheres mine  :'(

Did you remember to pay your subs Richard? I seems odd that Ferdi in Germany got his before you have.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »
Dear Bob

Thank you for your constructive critiscism

The Sepia Images were not as good as I had hoped simply as converting from colour to sepia has less contrast that B&W to sepia. You live and Learn. Still early days as an Editor.

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 05:47:46 PM »
Hi Chris. I did wonder. If thre images had come out a little sharper with better contrast it would have work. Still it doesnt detract from a truely cracking issue. Keep it up please!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 05:58:43 PM »
got it - perhaps i sent my cheque late eh bob ? seems a good un .

havent i seen pics recently of a very nice Coronet - where was that ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »
Just recieved my copy (only checked the post tonight). Haven't read it yet, just about to, but already the cover is nice, never seen that pic of the PD before!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 08:51:28 AM »
my pet subject AGAIN . spelling - a brief scan through the very interesting magazine has mentions of "Nick Geogano" and "Goran Hellsin" these are surely wrong and we should get names correct. (sorry Goran i cant figure out how to do umlaut's , which may be as bad ) 

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 09:21:43 AM »
The odd dropped letter in a name is a small price to pay for a top notch microcar mag though surely Richard?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 09:47:33 AM »
ok but names - is it mistyping or ignorance Bo  :)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 07:47:34 PM »
Dear Malcolm

Well Spotted. Spelling peoples names wrong is unforgiveable, Wrist Duly slapped. I promise I will get them right next time

At least nobody has noticed the pagination error.

Chris Thomas

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 08:38:16 PM »
I have been so busy recently I have not even had time to open the envelope, let alone knowtiss enny speling missteaks; I WILL find them and the pagination errors.

However I will be much more interested in having a damn good read!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face