Author Topic: bruetsch - tourette like a dog with a bone  (Read 19638 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
bruetsch - tourette like a dog with a bone
« on: September 26, 2011, 07:56:13 PM »
just wont go away will it - this article summer 1957 AUSTRALIAN MAGAZINE  ! DISCUSS
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 08:05:54 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: bruetsch - tourette like a dog with a bone
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 08:01:48 PM »
sorry page 2 has the avolette, belcar,tourette para
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 08:37:26 PM »
Dear Richard

Great find, especially the pictures of more men standing on a small car.

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 10:02:46 PM »
not new chris we've seen this one before. he made at least three such photos with three different models. but not AS FAR AS I KNOW with a tourette !  ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 09:05:51 AM »
I have never seen this before, the journalist has got it wrong! It was probably Jeremy Clarksons grandfather!! The Tourette was not a Brutch design and was certainly not built under license! Designed by Mr Merkelt in 1946 long before Egon Brutch was designing his cars. First built with aluminium body on an ash frame and before fiberglass was in common use.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 10:41:38 AM »
Maybe it was the other way round and EB saw the Tourette. Another reason it is not a Brutch is that it works as a car rather than a kind of successful scaffolding infrastucture which would probably win the Turner prize now. Mmmm Turner cars.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

swanktank

• Chatty
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 11:19:22 AM »
Sorry to interrupt this thread!!!  I have just joined the Forum and can't see how to start a new thread. Help!
Maurice

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 12:04:29 PM »
Hi Maurice. Start at the Home page. Select the category ie, Announcements, unusual microcars discussion etc. click on that and then on the right you will see a box to click that says new topic, that's the one you want. Cheers, Bob

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 05:37:23 PM »

From LD's flickr
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 06:37:30 PM »
bob i do agree with you and dont see much similarity between the two BUT my point is that at the time , 1957 , both designers were still around yet these articles were being published then . i had thought that only modern man had invented a link .

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 06:51:29 PM »
anyway as to long before herr bruetsch was designing . his first car in "deutsch kleinwagen" is 1950 . the tourette arrived in 1956 some time after bruetsch's egg shaped designs were first seen in 1954. i am only stirring it up a bit , but nothing is quite as clear as it could be .

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 07:00:32 PM »
I have never seen this before, the journalist has got it wrong! It was probably Jeremy Clarksons grandfather!! The Tourette was not a Brutsch design and was certainly not built under license! Designed by Mr Merkelt in 1946 long before Egon Brutsch was designing his cars. First built with aluminium body on an ash frame and before fiberglass was in common use.
Thank you Bob, I was wondering who linked the Tourette to the Brutsch, Mrs. Merkelt would be turning in her grave.  When I met her in the 1980's she gave me a severe ticking off for suggesting that the Tourette had probably been inspired by Brutsch in an article I wrote in RCN16.  She showed me some sketches her late husband had made of his proposed  car in 1946.  Sadly, although she gave me a lot Tourette related stuff for the RUM CAR archives when we bought her car those sketches were not amongst them.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 07:39:33 PM »
These other pictures that I found on another board were said to have inspired the Brutsch one. (Said by me today that is  :))
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 07:46:45 PM »
hi jean

always nice to have your input .with all respect to both yourself and mrs. merkelt she could be wrong or half right anyway .

it would seem possible :
1.  that mr. merkelt drew up a design in , let us say 1946 for arguments sake , he did as far as we know nothing with this design .
2. possibly by 1956 or so mr. m was thinking that fibreglass was more feasible than an aluminium / ash frame design
3. he would have been aware of bruetsches designs - they were well publicised - this bruetsch was better at than producing cars
4.  he may have even met egon bruetsch when he toured britain in 1954or 55 ( anyhow at least a year or so before the later bruetsch designs were shown oct 1956 motorcycle show at earls court )

all the above is POSSIBLE it seems  and  , i have said with respect , it is just possible that mrs. merkelt may have not KNOWN the facts but did not  like her husband accused of plagiarism or suchlike  

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 07:57:48 PM »
love to know where those pics  from rusty

GUESS WHAT you make my point about earlier designs by bruetsch the first pic shows men standing on GUESS WHAT ???

A BRUETSCH 1200 OF 1954

the other photo if from the same source may be his entire workforce . seen that wermacht forage cap before  ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:40:35 PM by lightweight dickie »