Author Topic: New fuel standards  (Read 2117 times)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
New fuel standards
« on: February 10, 2012, 01:56:48 PM »
I have received the following email from the Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs.

Since our last newsletter was published the Department for Transport has announced that they will be holding an Historic Vehicle Fuel Stakeholder meeting at the DfT in London on 17 February. Our member clubs are invited and if you would like to send a representative please do contact Chris Parkin at DfT Chris.Parkin@dft.gsi.gov.uk or Tel: 020 7944 2958. The FBHVC fuel expert Matt Vincent will also be attending.

If anybody would like to attend on behalf of Rumcar could you please let me know so Chris Parkin can be notified.

I am sure that you are all aware of the implications of the proposed increase in ethernol to our petrol supplies, which can have a detrimental effect on some components in classic cars.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: New fuel standards
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 09:57:22 AM »
Sounds like we should send Buffy the Vampire Slayer or something. Is it going to be PR speak if we are starting as Stakeholders? I am a consumer of a product carrying tax and duty designed for a purpose. Stakeholding has nothing to do with it. Either it is a product and a green issue to retain older vehicles with fuel designed for them or it is expedient to pretend to be green and steal more tax condemning viable machinery to scrap. The same issue was had over lead in fuel and what lies were told for that stroke of genius to be co-opted since the decision had already been made. Certainly it would seem time to sell off certain machines that will not run the new, more expensive, fuel while the pethering period is had.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: New fuel standards
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 10:34:07 AM »
Dear Al

I take it your answer is NO?

I will cross you off the list then.

Chris Thomas