Author Topic: bruetsch - tourette like a dog with a bone  (Read 19807 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: bruetsch - tourette like a dog with a bone
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 08:07:15 PM »
Anything is possible Dickie but what flies in the face of all know Carr brothers Purley history is the suggestion that it was a Brutch design built under license. Personally I would rather believe the wife of the designer than a fanatical brutch fan upstart from oooop north! ;D ;D ;D Sorry Richard, we love you really!  Its another case of because something appears in print it passes into folk law like Schmitts being made from left over WW2 109 parts. Its no more related to Brutch than a Bouffort Peardrop. Carefull you dont choke on the bone! ;D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:18:00 PM by Bob Purton »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 08:12:03 PM »
just teasing you bob as you well know ! anyway it's quite possible that mrs m didn't actually know what mr.m had been up too ! shock horror , it even happens these days i believe . if our wives knew exactly what we were up to i suspect between us there might be just a few less cars  :o :o :o
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 09:15:20 PM »
love to know where those pics  from rusty

GUESS WHAT you make my point about earlier designs by bruetsch the first pic shows men standing on GUESS WHAT ???

A BRUETSCH 1200 OF 1954

the other photo if from the same source may be his entire workforce . seen that wermacht forage cap before  ;)

You have a good resolution scanner!

Here is the same pic cropped and resized so you can all see it ool.

You're not the only one, my scanner also makes the pics too big...
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 12:39:46 AM »
These other pictures that I found on another board were said to have inspired the Brutsch one. (Said by me today that is  :))

Is the bottom picture an early Tata with family seating?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 07:54:40 PM »
egon bruetsch on tour - talk about a travelling salesman !

and one for bob - bless his little cotton socks ( jonathan note the cut and paste technology )
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 07:58:03 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »
Thats a great pic Richard, where did you find it? Do tell more!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 05:36:43 PM »
it was part of article in one of the monthlys a few years ago . i will post a bit more when i have time

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 08:19:43 PM »
it was part of article in one of the monthlys a few years ago . i will post a bit more when i have time

My dad barely knows how to c/p ;)

Love these pics http://donald.over-blog.com/article-19361927.html
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 05:59:29 PM »
please post that link as a seperate topic . FANTASTIC photos of avolettes and many other french cars . never heard of many of them and it will take time to investigate the site - others may be interested ;)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 12:55:55 PM »
on the tourette front  accepting that all that has been written may not be correct . i have from one source the car as 197cc , four speed with reverse option ( a la gordon ), plastic bodied @ £299 or an all alloy on ash frame body @ £325. do we know if the ash frame was just the prototype ? did any sell ? and how many  of the hardtops were sold and do any survive. i have pictures of two different cars with hardtops - incidentally hinged forward like the bruetsch avolette and pfeil.  

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 01:23:16 PM »
Has anyone ever seen an ali over ash one? They seem to be GRP to me, though the buck would more than likely be wood.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 04:58:25 PM »
I suggest that the photo doesn't show an ash-framed ali-panneled body, but the wooden buck over which the panel beater (or wheeling machine operator) made and tested the ali panels of a prototype.  The heaviness of the framing makes it look like a buck - a non-micro power plant would be required to drag that much timber around....

Back then using aluminium to make a prototype body from which a fibreglass mould could be taken was fairly usual - after all, the panel beating skills were readily available, albeit expensive even then.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 05:00:27 PM by AndrewG »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 05:04:57 PM »
looks far too permanent a job to me. anyway you haven't addressed the published price issue. it must have been offerred , or originally mooted anyway .

there looks to be a fairly comprehensive write up in kleinwagen international - but i cant understand german  :'(

actually the caption says its a body buck after all that , but the above still stands
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 10:35:15 AM by lightweight dickie »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2012, 10:39:43 AM »
this guy seems very knowledgable if not very pleasant man in some regards but just seen his comments re bruetsch/ tourette licence - it seems the british press , the australian press and even a german commentator can all make the same mistake . i am away for the next few days so wont be able to read bobs reply till saturday . my ears will be burning  ;)

http://www.germanmotorcycles.cl/Brutsch/brutschcoments.html

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2012, 10:58:41 AM »
Hi Richard. I will post now and you can read on your return. I spoke to Gerry Frederics some time ago about this, he admitted he had been mislead on many Brutch matters and that his article was full of errors. He even spoke to Jean about the Tourette thing, she put him right and the last thing I heard from him was that he was trying to contact his webmaster to get the article changed with little success! As you indicated, come the revolution you wouldnt want to be on the wrong side of this guy!  :(