Author Topic: bruetsch - tourette like a dog with a bone  (Read 19612 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: bruetsch - tourette like a dog with a bone
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2012, 11:19:21 AM »
i haven't gone yet . interesting , thanks for the update - but he must have been (mis) informed by someone who thought it may be  true - it might have been me  :D
on the other topic of post-war germany and TG/TGR etc. he makes some outrageous comments !!
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2012, 11:22:08 AM »
His Goggo item is similarly slightly off target. He fails to understand that Hans Glas was thinking ahead much of the time and predicted market drops before they hit production and profitability. The whole point of his attaching Glas to BMW was that he could see that the future required ever more R and D on new cars which a small manufacturer was not going to be able to afford. BMW had the volume and his firm had the skills so it made sense to retire his family to the board of directors of BMW in a marriage. There remain Glas family members in BMW today. It was success, but of profitability and sustainability over going bust with a magnificent failure like so many other small manufacturers. BMW remain independent so I suggests his legacy matches that of his piers in BMW. No failure here, just compromise.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2012, 12:09:45 PM »
looks far too permanent a job to me. anyway you haven't addressed the published price issue. it must have been offerred , or originally mooted anyway .

there looks to be a fairly comprehensive write up in kleinwagen international - but i cant understand german  :'(

actually the caption says its a body buck after all that , but the above still stands

I just checked my literature and the Tourette was in 1956 offered for £299 in fiber glass and for £325 in ali on ash frame. I have the spec sheet for 1957,  it says and I quote "Bodywork is now ONLY in moulded plastic polyester with laminated re-inforcement" so its certain the ali body was offered but as to whether any were actually sold we will never know. Colours from stock were Ivory, carnation red or cornflower blue, I was recently involved in helping the Hammonds get there body shell repaired and can confirm that the colour was a pigment within the resin. This explains why the colour was rather patchy, it had been repaired in several places after the Merkelts son had rolled it, what we were seeing was areas or coloured gelcoat and patches of once matching paintwork that had been blown in.  I assume the other colours offered were also in the gelcoat.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:26:43 PM by Bob Purton »

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2012, 05:41:04 PM »
looks far too permanent a job to me. anyway you haven't addressed the published price issue. it must have been offerred , or originally mooted anyway .

there looks to be a fairly comprehensive write up in kleinwagen international - but i cant understand german  :'(

actually the caption says its a body buck after all that , but the above still stands

I just checked my literature and the Tourette was in 1956 offered for £299 in fiber glass and for £325 in ali on ash frame. I have the spec sheet for 1957,  it says and I quote "Bodywork is now ONLY in moulded plastic polyester with laminated re-inforcement" so its certain the ali body was offered but as to whether any were actually sold we will never know. Colours from stock were Ivory, carnation red or cornflower blue, I was recently involved in helping the Hammonds get there body shell repaired and can confirm that the colour was a pigment within the resin. This explains why the colour was rather patchy, it had been repaired in several places after the Merkelts son had rolled it, what we were seeing was areas or coloured gelcoat and patches of once matching paintwork that had been blown in.  I assume the other colours offered were also in the gelcoat.

I thought they were all ali!

Dont like colopured gel coat as much, since it fades a lot, and also cracks even more than painted!

Thats the good thing with Nobels, there painted ;)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2012, 06:21:15 PM »
All colour gel coated bodies end up being painted anyway so whats the difference?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2012, 10:50:22 AM »
Try telling Smarties that! (Not sure if Smarties are international. Like a small multicoloured Minstrels sweets).

Might be that they are Bruetsch's as well as it is that beany bollide shape coming in again and it is now proven that anything that shape must be a/ German engineered, b/ Bruetsch if you can stand on it. By the way, if Germany is so great why is he living in Australia?

Then again I like the idea of buying candy coated Roundtree Bruetchs. Along with Jelly Bambys, Bond's eyes, Castrol flavoured gobstoppers and KaRoMac bars.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:11:01 AM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2012, 02:08:57 PM »
Caramac bars? Now you are showing your age! You will be talking about Spangles and Jamboree bags next! :D

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2012, 04:01:29 PM »
I like Hundreds and Thousands. You can get loads in your gob.  ;D

Now, to show that I'm a pig. I had a bet in the 1990s with my mates at the Post Office that I couldn't get a whole peeled banana in my mouth. I did, sideways but found I couldn't chew it. Great fun getting it out again! We also had a whip-round when someone said he could eat a raw egg. He had to eat it whole with the shell on. The expression on his face when it burst was a delight.  ;D

So that takes us back from egg to Bruetsch - Tourette.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2012, 06:37:07 AM »
All colour gel coated bodies end up being painted anyway so whats the difference?

Oh, I thought they were left in there pure gelcoat, I didnt realise they were painted! I thought Peels werent painted, thats why original ones usually look horrible! (usually)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2012, 08:53:41 AM »
Caramac bars? Now you are showing your age! You will be talking about Spangles and Jamboree bags next! :D

Pity the poor Spangle, it went all health conscious and became Menthol cough sweets, loosing its name in the process. I was chucked out of the Scouts so was not allowed Jamboree bags! Or shorts for that matter! I raise you Barley twists.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2012, 11:03:44 AM »
I'll see your Barley twists and raise you clove balls! [one didnt get Jamboree bags from the scouts , you bought them from the sweet shop]

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2012, 12:06:14 PM »
Sweet shop! You were lucky to have a sweet shop. We had to get our sweets off the local peado while pretending to be shrunken old men etc etc.

Clove balls, Victory V, Fisherman's Friend. Are these sweets or are they some sort of confectioners torture. Never had clove balls but judging by the cloved oranges in the airing cupboard to keep the moths out it sounds rather nasty.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2012, 12:37:42 PM »
Are well, one of the benifits of growing up in prosperous Upminster Essex! How about Army and Navy sweets, blackish purple lonzenge shapes things. I loved them but as people say when they see us out in our cars "I havnt seen one of those for ages"  Its only a matter of time before we get around to mentioning Tunnocks tea cakes again! :D

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2012, 05:37:26 PM »
And look what I got for Christmas!

Liquorice wood - yum yum!!!
Victory Vs - Not as strong as I remember them.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2012, 06:28:23 PM »
Just back from Greenwich, got some nice photos of the nearly completed Cutty Sark, looking better than ever, with men up in the masts installing the rigging....

....and....

....a big bag of Army and Navy sweets from a proper JAR in a proper Sweet Shop. PROPER sweets is them A&N!
I used to like Spangles, and better still were Old English Spangles.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face