Author Topic: Gordon  (Read 14422 times)

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
Re: Gordon
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 02:33:58 PM »
I guess you guys can look past the obvious, but I can't:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN45OjB-cCU

"He's more of a man than you'll ever be."  Lyrics as good as that don't just write themselves, you know.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 05:05:07 PM »
Cor! Some people don't half listen to some rubbishy tunes? Nearly as bad as some of the rubbish written on here.  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 06:10:12 PM »
love that song and well remember po-going to it in clubs - punk rob! a bit to radical for you maybe . yes rubbish but part of my youth . 21 i was and loved punk . my best mate was nigel and he got a bit of grief though  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 06:50:12 PM »
Oh dear, I'm feeling old now. My era was Flower Power, Ban the Bomb. Hippys, Long hair, Woodstock, Free Love, Running around with sod all on. Wey-hey those were the days.  ;D

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 07:57:30 PM »
At a gig in Chatham our Mellodeon player Gordon had gone off in the break to get some food, and mis-judged his return time. The band went on and we started playing Gordon is A Moron, for that is his name. We got the whole pub singing along, just that one line from the song.

Over 5 minutes later, with the whole audience in uproarious laughter Gordon finally returned to find the whole pub pointing at him and singing the words. You had to be there, it was agonisingly, side-splittingly funny. Gordon took it well too.

The really great thing was that in the 60/70s when he had been a Fireman, Gordon had owned.....

....a Gordon!

Being a skilled and trained driver, Gordon's Gordon used to take corners hard, get up on two wheels, and calmly drive around Maidstone.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 09:03:23 PM »
I guess you guys can look past the obvious, but I can't:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN45OjB-cCU

"He's more of a man than you'll ever be."  Lyrics as good as that don't just write themselves, you know.

And on the side list from that is The Rezillos featuring Messerschmitt owning, Tiger driving Indian Motorcycle nut Alan Forbes in his alter ego of Eugene Reynolds (See also The Revillos). Doing all the successful rock things I failed to manage!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2011, 09:18:19 PM »
oh alan ! don't be hard on yourself ! you may not be up to much Rocking - but i am sure you could manage a Roll  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2011, 10:58:07 AM »
who started this as mustapha gordon - he's never reappeared :-\

I see in the latest Rumcar News that a Nick Taylor from Bristol advertises for one. The elusive Mustapha? It takes all sorts!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2011, 02:43:22 PM »
nick taylor asked through mike w-w in OBM about gordons , we exchanged emails .  the first reply here on this topic was me asking - is this nick ? perhaps he never came back

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 07:46:32 AM »
nick taylor asked through mike w-w in OBM about gordons , we exchanged emails .  the first reply here on this topic was me asking - is this nick ? perhaps he never came back

Perhaps he found one!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 05:53:50 PM »
poor sod  :D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 10:16:39 AM »
Gordon Bennett!