Author Topic: Essex has Invalid Carraige  (Read 7734 times)

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Re: Essex has Invalid Carraige
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 12:15:29 PM »
I was very disappointed at the turnout of Reliants at the National Microcar Rally.

I thought there were lines of them there dressed up in tarts' clothing! Aka Bond Bugs.  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 10:27:21 AM »
I dare to suggest the Bond Bug chaps are perhaps most guilty of raiding Rolys for their naughty bits and losing the rest.

Pleased there are some folk soaking up the slack before it all disappears. No doubt they will be accused of buying everything up later but that is the way it goes. Better to have stashed and sold than to have never stashed at all.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 11:36:03 AM »
As Reliant are no longer legally obliged to supply parts for them,and in any case the majority of what i have in stock has been unavailable new for about 20-30 years i will stash away as much as i can get hold of,selling some parts to friends to pay for my original investment.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 07:15:47 PM »
That is exactly what I did with Schmitts and now I am thought to be a bounder in certain quarters. Having seen Richards posting about cables I feel slightly smug as prices of bits are getting uneconomic.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 07:37:10 PM »
end of the day people havent got a leg to stand on(mainly those with invacars...bad joke i know lol) if they dont want to buy up these bits then there are three options.A.they get skipped.B.a dealer gets them and sells at high prices.C.an enthusiast gets them,hoards them for personal use with occasional selling to those in need.

I have around 8k worth of parts if i was to set up as a reliant dealer and sell them at retail prices,but im not....yet ;D
if i hadnt bought the lot up they were going to get skipped,and no one was willing to buy the lot up

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 08:12:25 AM »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 08:18:18 AM »
I remembered how pic putting up works, Hurrah! No idea where Stuart's hiding so did it myself.

Here is the Motability Type 70 on display on the 14th October 2011 at the Houses of Parliament. For all the negative vibes and being pulled out of a scrap yard I think it looks fantastic, though I say so myself. Suddenly the price asked for these looks very cheap! Whatever.