Author Topic: AROLA MICROCAR  (Read 6050 times)

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
AROLA MICROCAR
« on: January 26, 2007, 12:21:58 AM »
And another one spotted on ebay. See item no.   130073303286
Easy to pick up, coz it is in the UK.

inacoma

Re: AROLA MICROCAR
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 08:02:57 AM »
Hi

This one looks nice, I like the bright yellow because it might help you get spotted by the faster cars coming up behind you.

Is that the famous/infamous Nick Devonport mentioned in the advert  ??? :D

John

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 09:59:16 AM »
Hi John

Yep, that's me!  I imported this Arola from France after swapping it for a very nice (!) BSA Ariel 3.  The guy who had it was Franck Meneret, a well-known motorcycle journalist whom I met at the Sars Poteries cyclemotor run several years ago and spotted the Arola in a photo of his collection.  His son still has the BSA but I sold the Arola to make way for other projects and regretted it almost immediately.

It looks like it's generating lots of interest and will probably go beyond my budget - unless, of course, Fabian (the current owner) is interested in a p/x deal on my Ligier...

Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 01:28:55 AM »
I've just learned that the Arola will not be coming home to Dover as it has hit £770 with the reserve still not met.  I've decided that it's not worth falling out with Fabian over it - I have far too many projects to keep me away from the decorating anyway!  Let's hope it goes to a good home and gets a few outings on the show circuit.  It's too nice to stuff in a shed or a museum and deserves to be used.

Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 06:13:32 PM »
Don't forget whoever buys it, it is R885 on the Register of unusual Microcars and we want to know the new owners name and address please.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

inacoma

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 06:53:34 PM »
Hi

Anyone know what the Arola went upto ?.

It's not showing on my Ebay search now

John