Author Topic: Veterama  (Read 3118 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Veterama
« on: October 12, 2011, 08:16:36 AM »
Did nobody end up going to the Veterama at Mannheim? Clubnight at Tormarton tonight so I will probably see Wynford and get a report. Appears like a few folk who were going seem to have ended up not bothering for various reasons. Might be worth going next year when we might be buying with the good old steely German Mark again as the Euro looks doomed. Only trouble there is because Germany are one of the few countries in Europe actually doing well a return to the Mark will see their exchange rate rise so it will be more expensive still. One reason the German Government prefer the Euro as the PIIG countries devalue it making it easy to export German goods to them and the world.  Loans to markets that buy your own products and Empire by economics. Makes sense till the default. Seems you cannot win if you want to buy bits abroad from Britain as the PIIG countries do not have much in the way of Microcars to snap up cheap. Unless you want the Mivilino down the end of Italy. We know two Italians who want it but will not go as the chances of getting turned over or robbed are so great during the trip. I hear the same about parts of Portugal too. It is all going slightly Pete Tong round the edges isn't it.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: Veterama
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 12:20:14 PM »
Did nobody end up going to the Veterama at Mannheim? Clubnight at Tormarton tonight so I will probably see Wynford and get a report. Appears like a few folk who were going seem to have ended up not bothering for various reasons. Might be worth going next year when we might be buying with the good old steely German Mark again as the Euro looks doomed. Only trouble there is because Germany are one of the few countries in Europe actually doing well a return to the Mark will see their exchange rate rise so it will be more expensive still. One reason the German Government prefer the Euro as the PIIG countries devalue it making it easy to export German goods to them and the world.  Loans to markets that buy your own products and Empire by economics. Makes sense till the default. Seems you cannot win if you want to buy bits abroad from Britain as the PIIG countries do not have much in the way of Microcars to snap up cheap. Unless you want the Mivilino down the end of Italy. We know two Italians who want it but will not go as the chances of getting turned over or robbed are so great during the trip. I hear the same about parts of Portugal too. It is all going slightly Pete Tong round the edges isn't it.

We didnt go because of a couple of things. Someone we where going to meet there ended up not going, and also it was raining, weather froecast wanst good.

Shame, but its not fun walinig in wet mud.
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 07:14:21 PM »
not even much fun walinig in the dry  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 09:39:09 PM »
not even much fun walinig in the dry  :)

Hahaha, I blame my mower... To many things in my mind to spell correxctly! I have to think of every single piossibility for certain jobs... I think all I need now in an idler pulley to stop the bearins squealing...
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 10:18:40 AM »
Wyn report was a few of the usual suspects but missing others who were to be going. Numbers through the gate down, gaps in stands. Rained Sat but you could still walk around the Halle. Sun on Sun but trade poor. H & S selling naught and Wolfie only a couple of things. Indeed Wolfie said he could have taken what he sold into the event in a business case rather than setting up a stand. Sounds like the same probs afflicting German jumbles as ours. Pressures of cash, costs, confidence and Internet. As if to underline this he and I were sat in on our own at the long busiest west country pubmeet at Tormarten on our own. So maybe the Wimborne meet has its claim to make now. Certainly Postecombe is now beginning to out perform Tormarten.
As to purchases, hard work and while a few nuggets found it was not financially worth it. That said it is an experience and lots of chums to meet. I imagine orders were collected too.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs