Author Topic: chassis plate  (Read 12630 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
chassis plate
« on: October 15, 2011, 10:51:57 AM »
many thanks to those , one on this site , who have helped me to get the new Bruetsch chassis plate . i have been trying for several years since i found the correct plate on a German website. the company are the most awkward to deal with and seemed , despite emailing back to me in english once after my german enquiry  ;), disinterested in any enquiry from outside Germany

anyhow i now have the plate !as per the Bruetsch Zwerg in the uk so that will do me . it is a generic plate that herr bruetsch would have bought " off the shelf " the bottom two boxes appear to be axle weight , front and rear - left blank -presumably for goods vehicles only.
are the two boxes in the middle just laden and unladen weight .

Eigengew----kg zul.Gesamtgew.----- kg 

thanks
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: chassis plate
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 12:24:09 PM »
many thanks to those , one on this site , who have helped me to get the new Bruetsch chassis plate . i have been trying for several years since i found the correct plate on a German website. the company are the most awkward to deal with and seemed , despite emailing back to me in english once after my german enquiry  ;), disinterested in any enquiry from outside Germany

anyhow i now have the plate !as per the Bruetsch Zwerg in the uk so that will do me . it is a generic plate that herr bruetsch would have bought " off the shelf " the bottom two boxes appear to be axle weight , front and rear - left blank -presumably for goods vehicles only.
are the two boxes in the middle just laden and unladen weight .

Eigengew----kg zul.Gesamtgew.----- kg 

thanks

I need to get some Nobel chassis plates manufactured... Shame mine is in very bad condition! You can see the chassis number and a bit of the writing, but a lot is worn off!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 12:39:01 PM »
I need to get a Lawil 250 chassis plate made - Just need a sample to copy (must be a 250cc Berlina hard top).  I can replicate the artwork exactly.  Then just need to find a company that anodises name plates.
With the right contacts, all owners in a similar position should be able to reproduce chassis plates.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 02:01:15 PM »
but you do need an original to start with so you know what your looking for in a catalogue

is the nobel specific i.e does it carry the nobel name or is it like mine - anonymous
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Trident

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 05:09:06 PM »
I need to get a Lawil 250 chassis plate made - Just need a sample to copy (must be a 250cc Berlina hard top).  I can replicate the artwork exactly.  Then just need to find a company that anodises name plates.
With the right contacts, all owners should be able to reproduce chassis plates.

Should Rumcars not condone all this fake chassis plate / ringer malarky?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 05:44:40 PM »
i think personally that i would never change the original plate on the car for a prettier one .unfortunately if like me you have a car with v5 etc but no chassis plate at all you have no choice . no chassis plate no mot etc . just glad i could find the same type used by Bruetsch .

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 06:09:16 PM »
With the right contacts, all owners should be able to reproduce chassis plates.

Should Rumcars not condone all this fake chassis plate / ringer malarky?

People can talk about what ever they like on the forum. It wouldnt suggest Rumcars condoning any of it or not.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 06:10:10 PM »
i think personally that i would never change the original plate on the car for a prettier one .unfortunately if like me you have a car with v5 etc but no chassis plate at all you have no choice . no chassis plate no mot etc . just glad i could find the same type used by Bruetsch .

Officially so but the important number is the one stamped into the structure of the car.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 09:12:14 PM »
My Lawil has a chassis plate but it looks like a hand made job.
The numbers on the chassis and engine are correct.

I would simply like to fit an authentic looking chassis plate.

If I could scan a genuine plate, I could improve the artwork and get a proper plate made.  No funny business.

You can see my nasty aluminium plate in the photo.
A genuine Lawil S3 plate as well.

I need to see a Lawin A4 plate (probably the same but I want to make sure).
So, all you Lawil A4 Berlina owners, Can I have a look at your chassis plate?

See that the common Lawil Willam 125 A3 plate is different.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 09:18:33 PM by Isetta_Owner »

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 11:29:13 PM »
I get the feeling that the guy making that last plate had enjoyed a 'good lunch' before rolling back into work...

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 12:12:46 PM »
but you do need an original to start with so you know what your looking for in a catalogue

is the nobel specific i.e does it carry the nobel name or is it like mine - anonymous

Yep, Nobel is specific... See picture:
Mopeds:

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 12:13:58 PM »
I get the feeling that the guy making that last plate had enjoyed a 'good lunch' before rolling back into work...

PRobably had lunch in a french Routier  ;D
Mopeds:

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 01:56:27 PM »

Officially so but the important number is the one stamped into the structure of the car.

Not all cars have a stamped in number to the steel or tub member.   
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 04:03:36 PM »
Agreed - I think you'll find that that guy at William was just as inclined to stamp the numbers into the steel columns holding up the factory roof, and that the chassis numbers of over 200 cars can be found stamped on the back of the factory forklift.  But he did have very good lunches, so it's only fair.....

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 08:24:12 PM »

Nobels actually have 2 chassis plates! The other is usually about 3mm thick piece of steel that they stamp the full number on (mine is 3r 0017 but mmy normal chassis plate only shows 0017, I guees 3 for n of wheels, and r for rhd), and the plate was just welded on the chassis! They didnt stamp it on the chassis!
Mopeds: