Author Topic: chassis plate  (Read 12385 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: chassis plate
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 09:15:59 PM »
i think interesting that the difference between laden and unladen weight in the Bruetsch Zweg is 205kg. The Zwerg is a very small fibreglass zweisitzer , two seater, and the difference seems a lot . Do you remember 11 well fed men a while back ? i thought that back in the mid 1950's people tened to be both shorter and generally lighter than today . when laden Bruetsch was allowing for two people weighing 16s 7 lb .each ! thats quite heavy isn't ?

QUESTION : does unladen mean without fuels , is this a normal weight to expect a car to carry , am i right about the meaning of the german text ? , who decides the difference between the two weights ?  

oops 16st each !
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 04:14:35 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 10:23:16 PM »
jonathan has given me the Nobel figures 529 lb diff between unladen and laden . if classed as a for seater that allows for 4 x 9st 6lb people or if a 5 seater 5 x 7st. 8 lb . why are german people 16 st. now appreciating i should have kept it all in kilos but too late now . anyway to those in metric it still means that Nobel passengers are aprox half the weight of Bruetsch ones !

am i completely wrong about it all ? does one of these allow for some luggage ? how much and why ?

oops is a Nobel only a 2 seater - ah then
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 10:27:16 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 07:38:47 AM »
jonathan has given me the Nobel figures 529 lb diff between unladen and laden . if classed as a for seater that allows for 4 x 9st 6lb people or if a 5 seater 5 x 7st. 8 lb . why are german people 16 st. now appreciating i should have kept it all in kilos but too late now . anyway to those in metric it still means that Nobel passengers are aprox half the weight of Bruetsch ones !

am i completely wrong about it all ? does one of these allow for some luggage ? how much and why ?

Hmmm... A Nobel actually has LOADS of space in the front, and hardly anything in the back.
Its got as much space in the back as a goggo coupe. If you havent been in the back, let's just say Im about adult height, and I dont even fit laying on the seat.
One of my brothers friends, who is very big (about 2 meters I think) went in the front, and said it was like a limousine!
I would say it fits 2 adults comfortably and maybe 2 kids up to about 6 y old.
3 people easily fit in the front, problem is driver cant really reach gear lever.

Ditch your Brutsch's... Buy a Nobel ;)
Very reliable, probably faster than a Brutsch (50mph), and Cyril Lord, head of York Noble Industries, used to make Carpet so you can furcish your Brutsch egg houses ;)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 08:10:47 AM »
Quote from: P50 link=topic=2990.msg18961#msg18961 date=1318769787
Not all cars have a stamped in number to the steel or tub member.   
[/quote

Quite so and it is that which should be illegal as it is nigh on impossible to change without cutting the bit of metal out. The use of a plate really just allows for the edges of legality to be picked at. But as previously mentioned such systems are not managed for the Public's protection against crime but as methods to manage revenue collection principally. Even Al Capone was banged up for tax evasion not any of the other things he did. So the system as it exists encourages abuse and there you have it.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2011, 08:13:47 AM »

Thought a Nob was meant for the family so two adults and two kids. Works out about right.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 08:19:08 AM »

Hmmm... A Nobel actually has LOADS of space in the front, and hardly anything in the back.
Its got as much space in the back as a goggo coupe.

That is one reason the Goggo Saloon is the better car to the Coupe. More space as it is not a triumph of styling over content. It also handles better as the centre of gravity is further forward. However the Coupe is pretty which scores high on a classic car list of desirability.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 04:09:49 PM »
jonathan as for speed i have the heinkel engined fuldamobil at 85 kph and my Bruetsch at 110 kph ! what speed an F & S engined nobel ( in kph ) - you may have to ditch the Nobel  ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 06:33:54 PM »
jonathan as for speed i have the heinkel engined fuldamobil at 85 kph and my Bruetsch at 110 kph ! what speed an F & S engined nobel ( in kph ) - you may have to ditch the Nobel  ;)

I felt the Heinkel engine was better than the Sachs in the Nob and that was a 175 version!