Author Topic: celebrity spotting  (Read 10859 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
celebrity spotting
« on: October 20, 2011, 07:18:19 PM »
come on then lets have a few shots of celebrities in microcars . many years ago mike simmonds and i attended oulton park one saturday morning in his yellow heinkel . host of the live show was the gorgeous jenny powell
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: celebrity spotting
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 07:21:11 PM »
whilst on the subject - heinkels that is . does no one drive around anymore with a big clockwork key at the back anymore ? well we were young  :)

just realised theres even one on the white isetta ,next to mikes yellow heinkel , as well
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 07:24:30 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 08:50:11 PM »
whilst on the subject - heinkels that is . does no one drive around anymore with a big clockwork key at the back anymore ? well we were young  :)

just realised theres even one on the white isetta ,next to mikes yellow heinkel , as well

I still need to find the advert with my dads old Heinkel... It was a Beer advert, it had a submarine mod on the top of it. I think it was Carlsberg, and I think a famous guy was in iot.
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 08:56:48 PM »
i have shown you a pic. of it already.  :) it was kaltenberg braumeister featuring Freddie starr - a real nutter , google him, but theres no sign of the film anywhere. seems to have only been seen in north west england - by me only !

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 07:30:44 AM »
I seen it, I seen it! The brewers or their masters might still have it on tap.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 07:34:19 AM »
i have tried  :-[

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 07:53:29 AM »
Sunk without trace then. Still I like knowing the guy who owns the Smash robot. hahahahaahah! That will do for me.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 08:12:57 AM »
and he still has ! one and a half of them !- it got SMASHED  :D

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 11:37:18 AM »
i have shown you a pic. of it already.  :) it was kaltenberg braumeister featuring Freddie starr - a real nutter , google him, but theres no sign of the film anywhere. seems to have only been seen in north west england - by me only !

Uh... I dont remember a pic, I must be getting old ;)

Can you resend it please?
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 03:54:52 PM »
jonno your the whizz kid on the techno . go to the forum search on the homepage and type in beer advert, kaltenberg, freddie starr or whatever and you get your previous enquiry with the pic i sent- freddie starr with your dads car complete with conning tower - albeit only a sketch but at the moment its all we have . KIDS !! I ASK YOU  :)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 06:36:01 PM »
jonno your the whizz kid on the techno . go to the forum search on the homepage and type in beer advert, kaltenberg, freddie starr or whatever and you get your previous enquiry with the pic i sent- freddie starr with your dads car complete with conning tower - albeit only a sketch but at the moment its all we have . KIDS !! I ASK YOU  :)

No thanks. I am full. Not even a waafer thin mint.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 07:03:09 PM »
i think you will find there are two F's in waffer not 2E's . waafer sounds quite different - especially after my evening glaas of red wine  ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 08:22:33 AM »
After waiting with baited breath for more celebs in motors it seems they have avoid the publicity potential offered by our generously sized interior spaces and sophisticated clean reliable options for transport. Part of me is perhaps partly pleased as I do not really like the idea of my cars being socially acceptable after years of being ignored and ridiculed. Cannot be a rebel and be trendy, as Reliant found out? There is a word for trendy Rebels but I think we will pass on that here. No, its not Foxy, Dan!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 07:12:04 PM »
i was thinking of elvis , sid james , john pertwee et al  ;) i only even posted the topic cos the forum was so quiet for a couple of days .i came in and posted about 6 topics - it didnt work most found them so dull they didnt reply   :(

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 08:07:38 PM »
So like slalom driving a car round bollards you are sort of offering interesting intellectual threads round the dullards?

What is a Dullard you might ask and of course the answer is a sawn off Mallard Duck.