Author Topic: ant  (Read 3929 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: ant
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 08:04:14 AM »
Hmm. Ram is said to work and be in good condition. So what is the bit of wood doing then? I know, its the Yorkshire version and it tips when the tree has grown. Cheaper then a hydraulic overhaul! Note that if the engine is not running the ram should stay up. The good thing is it is a standard ram and not hard to service and can lift more than you would want in the back. So don't be tight, get it right!

Had one of these and while very useful if you are doing a bit of ground or building work they are pretty scary to drive. We used it at Dave's to do garden and initial shed as I recall. During that time the BUMS had speed trials round the village in it and Beau Geste took about as big a fright as can be had without actually having an indecent. Much more desirable than a pick up. I swapped mine for a Borgward as I recall.

I preferred the articulated one that was for sale last week. Now that is a rare bit of tackle but I am not entirely sure what you do with it.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs