Author Topic: Schmitt Interiors  (Read 4029 times)

DrewS

• Chatty
  • Young(ish!!) Micro fan
Schmitt Interiors
« on: November 03, 2011, 03:15:47 PM »
Hi Folks,

Just compiling all the bits for refreshment of my Schmitt, and I need to replace the well worn interior trim, i.e side panels, door panel, the length's of trim that run along the hinge, seat covers and possibly a set of new drivers seat foams. Just wonder if anyone knows where I could obtain such a set? and if there is anyone out there making them? All help /info greatly appreciated.
Late 63' Tiger Nose Schmitt pilot (In need of some TLC) 2004 Smart Roadster wearer (Yes it is a microcar at 698cc!! - Sadly Gone :-( ) Fiat 500 Owner (Tempremental, Poorly Built and with a wiring loom made of chewing gum and Spaghetti!!) and future Isetta or Trojan Owner ( As pocket money permits!!!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Schmitt Interiors
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 07:06:02 PM »
HI. Yes, Nick Poll is making trim sets in France, he ofter has them on ebay but it appears not right now. I dont have his email but someone else will. Watch this space.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 09:58:01 PM »
http://messerschmitt-restorations.webs.com/contactus.htm

one of the other sites that Jonathon apparently made (insidemesserschmitts.webs.com) is sort of borked at the moment for some reason.

at least with the above link you can see pics and click on the contact page to contact Nick.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 10:00:42 PM »
http://messerschmitt-restorations.webs.com/contactus.htm

one of the other sites that Jonathon apparently made (insidemesserschmitts.webs.com) is sort of borked at the moment for some reason.

at least with the above link you can see pics and click on the contact page to contact Nick.

I didnt make that site, my mum did!
I told my dad I can make him a smoother looking site one day, with a better domain, instead of a long name ;)

Yes, Nick is my dad, he makes very nice sets :)

I'm not saying that because he's my dad... He has been restoring schmitts for over 30 years, and has made interiors for a very long time.

Not sure if that contact page works, so try brufsup@aol.com otherwise.

Jonathan
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 08:39:23 AM »
Hi Folks,

Just compiling all the bits for refreshment of my Schmitt, and I need to replace the well worn interior trim, i.e side panels, door panel, the length's of trim that run along the hinge, seat covers and possibly a set of new drivers seat foams. Just wonder if anyone knows where I could obtain such a set? and if there is anyone out there making them? All help /info greatly appreciated.

The Darbys no longer do them but Nick Poll does as do Ken and Rhona Bell from across the Thames near Southend. Indeed if you saw the Blue Schmitt just gone through eBay at £13,000 you would have seen Rhona's handy work. Just sending two Nick interiors to America. Choices, choices.

I will get the nose bits off to you.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

DrewS

• Chatty
  • Young(ish!!) Micro fan
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 10:36:46 AM »
Hi Folks, Thanks for all the responces, I have now made contact with Nick Poll and set the wheels in motion . I greatly appreciate everyones help on this matter.
Late 63' Tiger Nose Schmitt pilot (In need of some TLC) 2004 Smart Roadster wearer (Yes it is a microcar at 698cc!! - Sadly Gone :-( ) Fiat 500 Owner (Tempremental, Poorly Built and with a wiring loom made of chewing gum and Spaghetti!!) and future Isetta or Trojan Owner ( As pocket money permits!!!