Author Topic: invalid carriage buffs wanted for TV documentry  (Read 8384 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
invalid carriage buffs wanted for TV documentry
« on: January 26, 2007, 05:06:31 PM »
The I.C.R recently had a comunication from Maverick TV asking for users, owners and enthusiasts of invalid carriages to contact them regarding a series of half-hour documentry proggrames for channel 4, due to air in the Spring, with filming due to start in mid february.

Her details are;

Kathryn Tregidgo

tel 020 7874 6689  email k.tregidgo@mavericktv.co.uk

come on conveyance buffs, here is a big chance to be taken seriusly on natinal TV.  Make contact now or I shall have to do it all on my own and take all the glory....

Trident

• Quite Chatty
Re: invalid carriage buffs wanted for TV documentry
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 10:12:43 PM »
On you go then Stuart !. Don't be shy and remember, look into the camera.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 10:46:16 AM »
Hello Trident. I'm just wondering at the current moment how to get the RUM maximum "Product placement" during filming. Any ideas anyone.....?

inacoma

Re: TV etc
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 04:00:30 PM »
You could aways print a Rumcars advert on your T-shirt.

Please remember Lovvies that the camera adds pound

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ;D

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 06:40:41 PM »
Ooh I don't mind the camera adding pounds. Just as long as it's pound notes!  Now then, the next question is; Does my bum look big in this?  :o   

witney44

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 07:26:57 PM »
 Ooh I say! They really don't suit you those leopard skin hot pants, not with those fishnets!

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 10:18:21 AM »
Don't worry, the fishnets & leopard skins are only my work uniform, working as I do as a stripper.....!  :o (Its true, I am, but not nesserily in the form most of you may be thinking....) ??? ;D :-*
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 03:13:14 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 03:17:34 PM »
Well folks, the documetrry is compleate, and is due to be aired on Channel Four on Sunday, 22nd April at 8.30am. Everybody set your video's, 'cus rember, the I.C.R had input in this programme! (Though I don't know what they're going to say becuse I haven't seen a preview.)

Trident

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 03:48:08 PM »
They will probably say you are a "compleate" fruitcake.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 04:16:48 PM »
As everyone's proberbly noticed, I can't spell for toffie, blame it on me not being able to find the spellchecker round here, and the rubbishness of state education in the mid 1990s.

By the way, it wasn't me who complained about the forum banter concerning conveyances. I recived the same ticking off as everyone else.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 06:23:41 PM »
We shall have to get Darren to get our spell checker working if only for Stuart's sake. You strilke the spell check button below and get this error message

An Error Has Occurred!
PSPELL couldn't open the dictionary. reason: I'm sorry I can't find any suitable word lists for the language-tag "en". 

It obviously doesn't understand bubble language.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 11:07:17 PM »
And there was certanly some bubble language uttered round here last weekend when the Mini-Comtesse refused to start! By the way, whilst mentioning the funny french fhing, I bought it last October and I have still not yet recived the new V5 from the DVLA. Is that normal?

inacoma

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 12:14:05 PM »
Hi Stuart

Are you going to be pictured on the T.V. programe? ( I mean the programe on T.V. not the very late night chanel 4 offerings) ;)

I would give them a call about the V5, to see what's happened to it.

Normaly not this slow.

John

witney44

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 12:53:07 PM »
Hello Stuart,
 You should have received your V5C back in two weeks. Did the chap you bought the car send it to DVLA with your particulars on it? Also did you get a photocopy from him?
Good luck! Rob D.  ;D

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 08:44:24 PM »
Well folks, I supplied quite a bit of background infomation to the TV company, and those of us who were lined up to do some peices to camera in February were just waiting to be told of the shooting dates. And waiting. And waiting..... At the end of March I made enquierys of the delay in us being required, only to be told that the lady with whom we were all being delt with had walked out on the company "for personal reasons" a few days after lining us up. Her replacement basically had to start from scratch and went ahed with all the filming with no knoleage of me, Nick Devonport, or any of the others I had put their way. Of course, all filming was finniched by now so alas, I'm not actully on film, but I do belive they've used some of my details, even if I did have to point out to the new producer when she said they had some details, that it was my (the I.C.R) that suplied it in the first place.  Ho Humm.

Anyway, don't forget everyone. Sunday 22nd April, Channel Four at 8.30am (as in morning, NOT evening). "Elogy For An Elswick."