Author Topic: Bob crashing his moped!  (Read 38661 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Bob crashing his moped!
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2011, 10:03:08 PM »
OMG LOL you flash git  :D it drew a blanca from me . do i like it  -noscelot . if you raced it you could always cheet...

over to the others  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2011, 10:08:04 PM »
I think some people did race them all stripped down in the 1960's 50cc races.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2011, 10:10:59 PM »
Love the extra long front mudguard, very Itom!   Just for the record, my Puch MS50 cost me £200, they are a bit dearer than some mopeds but the quality is very good, I have run it for two and a half years now with no probs what so ever, never let me down other than being strangley attracted to cabbage fields!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2011, 10:19:28 PM »
its not many RUM cars that have been worth much - until very recently ! schmitts , TGRs etc arent RUM really are they . peels, Friskys and scoots are racing away but what did the last Hazelcar sell for i ask you ?

I will have to look up the price but I think I sold the last Hazelcar, Nobody wanted it and eventually I offerd it to Mr Weiner and it went stateside. Think it was about 2.5K    Nt a desirable car as old electric cars have very short range and nearly always require the new owner buy a set of batteries which is often more expensive than the car. Think of a better example Mr Warren.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2011, 10:49:32 PM »
 Microcars can still be done on the cheap. I've just counted up what a decade in the Bubble Kingdom has cost me; fourteen diffrent vehicles in that time have entered the Ivory Towers, all costing a grand total of £3,920. That's but £392 per year, - cheaper in some places in fact than a half decent moped every year.  ;)  And before certain of you bemoan "but it was all invalid carriages" pause a moment & recall what I have had & do have. Anyone can moan it's a long way to the stars, but moaning doesn't get you TO those stars....   ;)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2011, 11:39:21 PM »
Very true Stuart, the main diference is that I have never seen you having fun driving any of them.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2011, 11:47:03 PM »
 (In Lady Bracknell-type voice)  DRIVE the cars?! You must be raving mad. They're far too valuable to DRIVE my dear fellow!

Apparently.

;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2011, 07:24:32 AM »
Love the extra long front mudguard, very Itom!   Just for the record, my Puch MS50 cost me £200, they are a bit dearer than some mopeds but the quality is very good, I have run it for two and a half years now with no probs what so ever, never let me down other than being strangley attracted to cabbage fields!

Its the kale of the wild.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2011, 07:27:36 AM »
its not many RUM cars that have been worth much - until very recently ! schmitts , TGRs etc arent RUM really are they . peels, Friskys and scoots are racing away but what did the last Hazelcar sell for i ask you ?

I will have to look up the price but I think I sold the last Hazelcar, Nobody wanted it and eventually I offerd it to Mr Weiner and it went stateside. Think it was about 2.5K    Nt a desirable car as old electric cars have very short range and nearly always require the new owner buy a set of batteries which is often more expensive than the car. Think of a better example Mr Warren.

AP bought the one from - Bonhams? - at Beaulieu but that is some years ago now. Possibly 8 years ago. Cannot recall the price. I played with it and it would have been fun with an ICE in it. As near as I will get to a Russon.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2011, 07:32:41 AM »
Actually I might. I could go for a mail order Russon wife. Long body, short legs and small feet. No perhaps I will give a Miss, nah ha!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2011, 08:42:53 AM »
The Bonhams car is the same one I briefly owned, it passed through a couple of peoples hands after the auction before it came to me. As I recall it had some Austin Severn parts. In a way it was best it ended up in a museum thus safeguarding in from folk like us who might be temped to strip out the innards and fit an engine although agreed, it would have made it a nice usable car.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2011, 10:58:23 AM »
The Bonhams car is the same one I briefly owned, it passed through a couple of peoples hands after the auction before it came to me. As I recall it had some Austin Severn parts. In a way it was best it ended up in a museum thus safeguarding in from folk like us who might be temped to strip out the innards and fit an engine although agreed, it would have made it a nice usable car.

Must be another as I am sure AP still has his. It was registered. I recall it being a nasty stale brown colour. If he sold it he did not tell me, which will be interesting, as I had nigh on all his Microcars before he started buying them again! I put him onto the TG500 and a KR200 at least.

Now I recall Ken Weger was after one and the guy who helped him buy, brain has gone - nice guy, moved to France - , got one and I think Ken decided against it or found another. I have it in mind that the two cars might be one and the same. I even have the Catalogue somewhere.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2011, 12:34:25 PM »
The one I had was white and had no doors [was made that way for holiday camp use I think. The name you are grasping for is Tony Hilliard who bought it at the auction for Ken Weger who then didnt want to pay the shipping and so Tony sold it to me. Cant be the same car as the one bought by AP who ever AP is.   Here is a pic.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2011, 02:33:40 PM »
i thought AP was a term for the aged parent - but i fear , as i , al in bereft of same 
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2011, 02:38:20 PM »
nice car

just realised the "paloma Flash " , get you, was running on its stand noticed the purple haze from the exhaust . apologies JH  ;)

of course i too was tremendously impressed by the long itom like mudguard - but thought it too obvious to mention bob ( YAWN )  ;D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 02:45:20 PM by lightweight dickie »